Quote Originally Posted by Ron.C View Post
^^^^
Ya, need to be careful for sure.
In the area I hunt (not sure where you hunt, could very well be completley different)
I watched a pretty heated exchange last year between a guy in a kayak paddling around very close to shore hugging the pockets jump shooting. He peppered a couple guys that were set up not far from me, pretty much shot right at them from about 70 yards when he jumped a few birds that landed in a pocket behind them.

Some pretty pissed off boys to say the least.

Had a similar experience myself a few years back when I was set up in some tidal creek channels. A guy paddlng a canoe jump shooting blasted at some birds that were just around the corner from me. Luckily his shot crossed in front of me but was a near miss.

Anyhow, this is the reality in my area and why I dont jump shoot here.

Have fun, be safe!!!!
Ron,

I'm with you on that one, I usually pull the momarsh into the a slit in the cover and set out the decoys.

I've had people pepper my decoys when I lived back east as well as had another guy trying to shoot them with a .22

You want to be well hidden but seen at the same time. We didn't have spinning wing decoys when I was younger, maybe that would have made it easier for others to know they were decoys.