2 years ago I jumped on the 6.5 Creedmoor bandwagon and picked up a nice one in a Tikka T3x stainless fluted. I spent the next summer working up a couple nice loads for it. One load with 143g Hornady ELD-X shoots 1/3 MOA. I had it out in the field one day last season but didn't see anything freezer legal.

Finally got out to look for a Mulie and took the Creedmoor with me. I'm restricted to road hunting currently until my daughter is able to learn stealth skills. We overslept a bit and didn't have enough time to drive to our regular spot before it got light so we headed somewhere closer instead.

Now, I don't want to say it was a little crowded out there but after running into no less than seven other vehicles on one side road I decided to head somewhere else. Headed into another area a little further south. Got a few grouse for the freezer in route.

Turned down a side road that ran below some farm area that I've seen deer along before. Got about 1km down the road and spotted a doe in the trees just 20 yards off the road I was pointed out the doe to my daughter when I saw movement behind it. At that close range it was easy to see it was a buck, and by the time I was able to exit the vehicle and load the rifle I was clearly able to count four points a side. To my luck the buck was clearly more interested in the doe than me. Rifle loaded I stepped out past the front of the truck, took a knee a leveled the crosshairs in the bucks neck. One squeeze of the trigger and he was on the ground. Some pics, field dressed and in the truck 30 minutes later. A nice 5x5 once you count the brow tines.

I'll put the pics up later.

BDD