So, my buddy got me out for the weekend in R3. (Did not think I would get out at all this season)

So, the early snow I think helped push deer down for once, although it should have kept snowing. (Like it used to)
I saw more tracks on the mountain then probably the best 5 seasons combined.
So looked extremely promising!

But, there sure was a lack of rubs.
I did encounter a lot of Doe MD in a single day (especially the first day obviously, it drops off each day after because of me pushing them around, most likely to drop off where they can evade and stay more hidden from me, normal).

What was “Odd”, (maybe only for me or the area I was in?).
Most of the Doe’s were single when I crossed paths with them, Probably 80% of the time.
My experience ( goes back 45 years now up there), is that 80% of the time when I encounter the females, they are either and adult and yearling, or groups of adults and yearlings, from 2 to 5 together (minus any bucks).
I don’t run into single Doe all that much at this time of year.
But this was the case for me.

Also, I noticed many of the Doe, appeared to be young, not fully mature and on their own already.
Not sure if there is concern there or not.
But I don’t ever encounter that, especially not there.

The lack of spikes and 2pt was also odd this time.
And I encountered a lot of areas in that mountain were Doe’s were in heat from the urine.
There were quite a few Doe scattered all over that mountain in heat all at the same time it appears.

So yes, the lack of bucks, both in tracks, rubs and physically be present was not what I was expecting with all that sign and the amount of females present.

But my big concern, or confusion is why so many females were found by themselves, and why so many seemed almost too young to be on their own?
I am sure they are fine, but just not what I typically encounter up there.

Is that normal for others to see where they hunt?