Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Binocular Comparison

Re: Binocular Comparison

Quote Originally Posted by Steeleco View Post
    Firstly AVOID Nikon like the plague. I'm a life long Monarch owner and love them even still. But last fall one of the screw up eye covers broke so I asked for warranty help. NO, HARD NO they only offered me a discount on new pair. So much for 25yr warranty. I fixed them with gorilla glue and o rings!! They are now my truck binos.

This started me on a hunt for new ones. Long story short I got Carson 3D/HD 10x42 and they are unreal. I used one of those price checking apps for Amazon and once the deal was good I got them to the door for $350 They are much better than anything I looked through as 2 to 3 times the price,

If you got the newb a set of these they may never need to upgrade?
    Thanks never heard of these guys I’ll have to check it out

Quote Originally Posted by digger dogger View Post
    I’m sending in my 20+ yr old Swarovski EL’s for warranty work.
    Will let you know how that goes.
    I sent my EL10 by 32 in Saying that they were blurry. And to clean them the blurry was scratched lenses. I sent them in and received them back in 4 weeks with brand new lenses and cleaned and they did not charge me a dime. Way better service than vortex. And I didn't have to pay for shipping there or back

I have Minox and Leica - the Leica are WORLD class but expensive - the Minox 10-42 are excellent for the price ! JMO RJ

I personally think Vortex products in that price range is a sure way to experience their amazing customer service

in that price range I would also suggest the bushnell engage, I have the older elite versions of these, good glass and have been pretty impressed with them, I actually bought these when my vortex binos were being warrantied for the second time lol.....and at their price I don't feel guilty about being rough with
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Q: Hey guys, what binos are decent in the $300-$400 range to buy as a gift?

A: You should buy top-end Swaros.

Have a look at the “ Maven “ brand .... had a look through a friends and was surprised how nice they are .... I use both the Zeiss Classics in 8x30 / 10x40 ... and did like this Maven

I’ve owned BX2 Acadias and Diamondback HD’s, the diamondbacks are lighter, more compact and clearer. Vortex does have a bad rap for things crapping out, but from what I’ve seen that tends to happen more with their lower end scopes than their binos. If you’re buying them just to get a new Hunter out in the field then I’d say go with the diamondbacks. They have great resale value and if they break you get a new pair for free. Invest in the big stuff later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Steeleco View Post
    Firstly AVOID Nikon like the plague. I'm a life long Monarch owner and love them even still. But last fall one of the screw up eye covers broke so I asked for warranty help. NO, HARD NO they only offered me a discount on new pair. So much for 25yr warranty. I fixed them with gorilla glue and o rings!! They are now my truck binos.

This started me on a hunt for new ones. Long story short I got Carson 3D/HD 10x42 and they are unreal. I used one of those price checking apps for Amazon and once the deal was good I got them to the door for $350 They are much better than anything I looked through as 2 to 3 times the price,

If you got the newb a set of these they may never need to upgrade?

Those are the same ones my son has the carson 10x42 they are absolutley fantastic. i highly reccomend

Quote Originally Posted by KBC View Post
    I have Nikon Monarch5 10x42. Way better than the Diamondbacks and go on sale fairly often for about $400.
    Actually here they are for $418 with a harness; https://www.visions.ca/product-detai...&sku=PKG005392

Edit to add; I bought them when I already owned a pair of Diamond backs in 8x42 and the Nikons were way better comparing them side by side.
    I agree with KBC. The Monarch 5s are very good binos for the money. I had a set of Diamondbacks and thought I’d buy the wife a pair of binos for birdwatching. I picked up the Monarch 5s and was really impressed with them. So impressed I bought a pair of Monarch 7s for myself.
    "A true conservationist is a man who knows that the world is not given by his fathers, but borrowed from his children." John James Audubon

I like my 10x42 nikon monarch 5. Prefer them to sons Vortex.