Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The monster mountain Whitetail.

The monster mountain Whitetail.

After reading MarkT308 and Rackstar’s hunting accounts I had to put my story of my 2022 whitetail hunt into words. I had initially shopped this story to Field and Stream and Outdoor Life. No takers as they could not believe a story so amazing. Same for BC outdoors. Jokerswild dismissed it as a complete fabrication but I assure you it is all true.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: The monster mountain Whitetail.

So far it’s a believable whitetail story. I see nothing, but I’ll wait in silence to see if anything shows up.
    Pretend hunter.

Strange ! We are waiting though !
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

It all started with some pointed remarks that the freezer being empty so I deployed my trusty Browning game cam to see what was on the mountain. Many wily bucks came in the dark for a photo op. Some massive specimens were seen. One notable one would have been guaranteed to break 8 to 10 Boone And Crockett. Then there were the true giants. These mountain monsters would have given true HBC hunting legends such as the Walking Slaughter House and Yappy Doodle Dog and other Noted names such as Hunters Paradise uncontrolled buck fever. They would have used hushed terms such as piss cutter and ball draggers. But I digress. ….

With cellular enabled cameras and drones now illegal for hunting in BC I had to resort to my tried and true method, looking out my kitchen window. One day in early November I happened to be at my observation post when I could not believe my eyes. A monster from the mountain was slowly making his way down the hill, cautiously he picked his way through the open spots between the trees. Trembling with excitement I made my way out the basement egress dressed in the latest camo pattern consisting of red plaid pyjama pants and a black Eagles on Tour T shirt. Ploughing quietly through the nineteen centimetres of fresh powder with the minus six temperature burning my lungs with the contrast of the bright blue sky above I made it quickly and quietly into my ground blind.

Looking forward to this. You had me at Walking slaughterhouse and yappy doodle dog lol
    Last edited by Brew; 11-21-2022 at 08:01 PM.
    WSSBC Life Member
    WSSBC Monarch Member
    CCFR Member

Popcorn and brew in hand!

The suspense is killing me.
    Keep it coming

And so it continues... Mountain hunting as well as mountain hunting requires rest and nourishment.

The magnificent brute unaware aware of the impending danger daintily picked at some grain on the ground spread around by the quail and pheasants, never realizing the mortal danger he was in. Once inside my six hundred square foot ground blind I hastily cocked the Excalibur matrix crossbow and nocked a bolt. Carefully I inched the window open. Something in the great animals instinct warned it that something was terribly amiss but it was too late. A finger stroke sent wasp broad head tipped bolt at a blistering three hundred plus feet per second into the mountain giants vitals.

got popcorn and another beer

...... There was no jubilant fist pumps or cries of elation, just silence and respect witnessed only by the truck, motorcycle and quad stored in the blind.

I watched as the giant deer bucked and turned to race back up the hill whence it came, snow billowing up under its hooves. It stopped. Turned 180 degrees and crashed to the ground, its blood stark against the snow.

I followed the trail of blood to where it lay on the frozen snow covered ground. With shaking hands I cut my tag and made it all legal. I stood over this animal for a minute marvelling at this creature that had survived at least two years of cars and coyotes and other back yard hunters, letting its guard down only for a split second to eat some birdseed. I grasped its massive typical four by four frame and began to drag it off the mountain.

The old ghost nearly had the last laugh as he began to toboggan behind me and hooked his antlers in my PJ pants and taking me down.

Seventy five yards later I was back at the shop/blind with my freezer filling trophy. The mountain giant is now cut and wrapped and stored safely in the freezer, but the memory remains sharply etched in my mind of my 2022 mountain whitetail giant.
    Thank you for reading my account of my backyard hunt.
    Longwalk.