Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Core Principles on Hunter Safety

Re: Core Principles on Hunter Safety

I kind of liked HBC better without you being a regular poster.

Anyways, welcome back I suppose.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Quote Originally Posted by Piperdown View Post
    Maybe if you have a situation like this happen to you, you might have a different opinion and thanks for yours. I only posted this up to maybe make people think a little more about being safe out there, not trying to be a hero and it doesn't take much to be more polite than RD.

I have indeed been there! I offered if they needed a hand...I scared them when I walked up, they simply could not see me, which I don't fault them for at all, it happens...I am now more cautious when I am hiking and looking at animals in cut blocks, anywhere there is a road or quad trail nearby, these things are easy to happen

we can agree to disagree, I read this simply as you're bitter they shot your moose and now riding your high horse about safety...9 mins makes no difference in my mind, you could be exactly where they left you, or you could be over the ridge by then, they don't know you're still hunting, how are they supposed to know?

maybe buddy apologized cause he knew you were upset with a gun in your hand? sounds like he's trying to diffuse the situation....maybe you made up these extra details since you left those nuggets out in your first post? hard to say eh....glad you got your moose later...glad everybody is safe now! that was a close one!
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Quote Originally Posted by BRvalley View Post
    I have indeed been there! I offered if they needed a hand...I scared them when I walked up, they simply could not see me, which I don't fault them for at all, it happens...I am now more cautious when I am hiking and looking at animals in cut blocks, anywhere there is a road or quad trail nearby, these things are easy to happen

we can agree to disagree, I read this simply as you're bitter they shot your moose and now riding your high horse about safety...9 mins makes no difference in my mind, you could be exactly where they left you, or you could be over the ridge by then, they don't know you're still hunting, how are they supposed to know?

maybe buddy apologized cause he knew you were upset with a gun in your hand? sounds like he's trying to diffuse the situation....maybe you made up these extra details since you left those nuggets out in your first post? hard to say eh....glad you got your moose later...glad everybody is safe now! that was a close one!

Ok last post to you as this was not intended to be a pissing match and apparently you and I have a different view on safety, did you happen to read where a friend got his foot shot off this year, well they are now taking his lower leg, safety is highly over rated apparently.

So your situation, did you have blaze orange on anywhere, just curious. Again you know nothing of the area I was hunting, 9 minutes no big deal, they don't know if I am still hunting, 9 minutes.... before, I waved at them, signaled I am heading in to the area, where the hell did I go, one way in one way out and they did not see me come out, quite simple in my mind, I am still in there.

Not at all bitter about the moose, hell I could take your rational and shot it in front of them but didn't. Buddy apologized to my hunting partner not me, my gun was unloaded when I came out, ooops forgot to write that part in sorry.... just common practice to unload when done hunting

Again I didn't start this thread to be about me, It was about a situation, I suck at typing and don't have great writing skills, so sorry If sometimes I don't articulate all that well but what I tell is the truth. We can agree to disagree and gladly this is my last thread, won't be posting about my moose hunt. Good luck to you.
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

Welcome back Piper.... even if it's short time.
    Nothing's changed on the internet forums.

Some blame politics and off topic but this is how the internet works.
    We all read and interpret things differently but I understood what you described.

Key points: Safety trumps Everything
    : Old school hunter etiquette requires that you don’t be a dumbass and go into an area you clearly know has hunters in it.

It’s common dog, don’t be a dumbass about safety and this essential bit of hunter etiquette.

Cool so if I wanted to orchestrate a Drive, I could have the driver(s) radio me on which way the Buck or Bull went..... the old man told me it was not aloud years back so I guess they changed it and we just didn't know about it