Thread: 2022 odd year with early deep snow

2022 odd year with early deep snow

This is a first for me
    Talked to som LEH moose hunters in 8 that basically had their hunt ended by sled traffic on the trail/road network

Myself, have had 2 different hunts 'altered' by having access limited to roads formally driven to higher elevations
    In 8, the first was by a group that decided to use the early snow for some early sled testing, so besides being noisy that morning the trails were half-packed so not drivable

Then again, this time in 3, by a tracked quad half-packing a road system first before any truck traffic, just after the big dump
    Side spurs were impassable even with chains and weight, due to the extra resistance by the half-packed snow
    I say half-packed because it was not stiff enough for regula tires to roll on top, even a light Toy with boots had trouble

Not complaining at all! though , it might just be the best conservation effort for the area ever.
    road hunting is reduced to about 1/3rd of the network, maybe less
    Anyone out and walking will not be overrun, should make for some great solo days

Hope to have a favourable update later this week
    Glad to say I have hunted Northern BC

Simon Fraser had pretty good judgement on what he found in BC

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 2022 odd year with early deep snow

I was just dinking around in 3-26 I was a little surprised at the amount of snow.

In 3-19 the only footprints I've seen are my own.

Of course, I'm not seeing many deer tracks either...

was on our leh moose hunt in 5-2...zero snow when we arrived...about 6 inches near the lake and over a foot up higher when we left 14 days later...