Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My 2022 Berta Whitetail buck

Re: My 2022 Berta Whitetail buck

Nice deer! I want to hunt Alberta one day but have no idea where to start!

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    Hows your back after guys and all?

Going for a evening look myself
    Definitely not feeling like I’m in my 20s anymore. I doubt id drag a deer that far ever again. By the time I was 100 yards from the road I could only drag him 10 yards at a time. Legs are bruised to shit from falling down over 20 times lol. Good pain though.

good luck! You usually hammer the big ones , probably don’t need to leave your front porch these days eh?

Congrats. Good looking buck
    Check my Youtube Channel for fishing and hunting videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjN...AEGjPIUba3pn9g

Nice buck. When the 'small head' takes over, the big head goes blank.
    Congratulations.
    Growing old is unavoidable. Growing up is highly overrated....

Quote Originally Posted by RackStar View Post
    Definitely not feeling like I’m in my 20s anymore. I doubt id drag a deer that far ever again. By the time I was 100 yards from the road I could only drag him 10 yards at a time. Legs are bruised to shit from falling down over 20 times lol. Good pain though.

good luck! You usually hammer the big ones , probably don’t need to leave your front porch these days eh?
    Hahaha was replying to you when a good one stepped out.. delayed reply..

Dragging guts in i cant move them very well.. even a few feet to many old work and play injuries.. use a tractor lol.

Nice buck!
    kenny
    I love it when the seasons change.
    Fishing to Hunting.

That's a dandy. I really like the dark colour of his horns. I've shot a few bush bucks but mostly field deer. The bush bucks always seem to have deep brown horns where the field bucks seem somewhat lighter.

Decided to pay someone for a euro this year. Just didn’t have the time and it was -30 outside. I didn’t want frozen brain juice all over my yard till May. Wasn’t expecting to harvest anything this year in Alberta , but didn’t stop me from going hard every weekend. Sometimes just pounding bush pays off.

Starting a new bow build this winter, I hope I can get my first Alberta elk with a arrow. Although there’s way more animals up here then I’ve ever laid eyes on. I’m starting to miss my beautiful British Columbia this winter. Starting my cabin build this summer in the heart of some of BCs most under rated elk country. Hoping to locate this bull again and his offspring. He’s got remarkable genetics.

check notebook