Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My 2022 Berta Whitetail buck

My 2022 Berta Whitetail buck

This sites lacking hunting content so I figured I’d share my buck.

Recently moved to northern Alberta for a few years. I’ve been trying to fill my tag for the last couple weeks. All the deer near AG land seemed to be in the fields was having little luck hunting fringe land. So yesterday morning I packed up and headed as far away From farmland as I could, to hunt this big river valley.

I was still hunting along the top of a steep ridge and it just felt perfect. I bumped this guy straight from his bed , and he took off. I blew my grunt tube and proceeded in his direction. Giving me glimpses here and there but keeping his distance we played cat and mouse for 30 mins. He finally gave me a shot , but I made a error by taking 1 more step to rest on a tree. He took off again. Convinced I blew my shot I was mad at myself. I blew my grunt tube 2 more times and curiosity got the best of him. He gave me one final opportunity at 120 yards and I let him have it. Got him with a 300wsm 165 partition. Heart shot , bang flop.

It was almost dark , and I forgot my knife in the truck. So I decided to drag him guts in. This was the worst drag I’ve ever endured and I think I will quarter and pack next time , boy am I sore today.

not a monster by Alberta standards but I’m happy with him , and this was a “bush buck” as they call them here. In bc we just call them bucks lol.

glad to have some meat in the freezer, heading out one last time next Saturday to try and get myself a bull elk then that’s it for me this year. Good luck all.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: My 2022 Berta Whitetail buck

Beautiful!

Congrats!

Thanks for posting!

Rickady

Thumbs up Re: My 2022 Berta Whitetail buck

Fine Whitetail!
    Surprised he gave you so many chances!!

Congrats!

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Hell ya that does it.... good job.

Nice Buck.
    How's his right side look?
    Congrats to you
    WSSBC
    BCWF
    CCFR
    BHA

Wow that's a beauty bush buck, congrats... as mentioned it's surprising that he gave you that many chances but that's the beauty of the rut..

Thanks guys.

He was typical , other side looked similar. CrAppy pics because I had to get moving.

you guys are right. Usually when the flags up it’s over. Thankfully he was rutted right out and I had favorable wind. He had a couple does with him so every time he heard that grunt his survival mode was thrown out the window and he was wanting to come kick my ass. Fun hunt all in all.

Had a big ol body on him.

Well done! Glad you posted. Let's get this site back on track, people!! I just posted a story too and I hope other will
    My Video Camera = Panasonic HDC-SD90

My youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/markt308

Hows your back after guys and all?

Going for a evening look myself

“this was a “bush buck” as they call them here. In bc we just call them bucks lol. “

That’s definitely a thing, made me laugh. Good ol prairie bush bucks!