Re: What killed this Buck?

Kitty Cat Cougar
    WSSBC
    BCWF
    CCFR
    BHA

Quote Originally Posted by Brew View Post
    I’m in maple ridge as well. Not sure if your hunting close but this year I’m finding lots of large cat tracks around Stave lake, harrison and chehalis while I’ve been at work or hunting. Very healthy population right now. Wish I had the room for hounds at my house, would be fun to chase a few cats.
    I found a couple spots up both East and West Harrison this summer. Thinking about heading that way for a few days this week, going to grab a Lion tag today...... you never know

Well looks like the verdict is in Mountain Lion most likely. Anybody here ever get them/one without hounds?

Watch your back trail.
    Once I went into a new area to explore, set 3 trail cams as I went in with the idea of leaving them for a few days
    Found some shite that made my decision to abandon the area and look else where so pulled the cams on the way out
    2 cougars were on the 2nd camera, less than 20 minutes after I set it up
    Maybe they like my Tinks stink, maybe it was the noise, not sure but they followed my track for a while before veering off
    Glad to say I have hunted Northern BC

Simon Fraser had pretty good judgement on what he found in BC

Always do, thanks for the reminder/heads up though! Was that scenario in Reg 2?

Nothing like going out to your blind and venturing away after dark to a new route home. The next morning I found that the cats had followed me out to the blind and then almost back to the house. End of staying out after dark. If it wasn't for the snow I would never had known. Never seen a cougar on my property but my wife and I have seen 11 of them all over BC and AB.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

Recent Nanaimo transplant to Williams Lake

Years ago I was hunting Green mtn in Nanaimo lakes it was a ugly snow storm I headed up a old road into a slash, then the wind started blowing like made I could barely see 30 feet and said screw it, so turned around just 200 yards from my truck and just 20 yards behind me were cat tracks, it followed me almost from the truck but never saw it, I guess it jumped off the road when I started my way back. Never did see it, just tracks
    "People who know the least always argue the most."

"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right, you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."

I was in a set up in this area today, when I was done figured I would check the close by cam. A doe running by the cam tail up the other morning, then minutes later it looks like a cougar is walking by but hard to tell. I will pull the card sometime this week and post it here see what you guys think.

It wasn’t a cat. It was me. I just ate my fill and then wandered off to the next meal.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Theres one spot I hunt on Harrison Lake where the cats shit in the middle of the roads like bears, huge piles, its eerie..deer populations are way down from previous years..
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA