Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cache Creek Game Check Today

Cache Creek Game Check Today

Just a heads up major traffic delays..kms long line up..
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Cache Creek Game Check Today

hit the express lane

Glad to say I have hunted Northern BC

Simon Fraser had pretty good judgement on what he found in BC

Just like the cops, instead of going out and doing their job in places they are likely to catch criminals.. they look for infractions from otherwise honest folk to ruin their day.

as if any poacher is a) going to poach on a long weekend b) take a major highway home with a poached animal.. c) is 10000% going to pull a u turn as soon as they know what it is, if they were dumb enough to poach and drive down a main highway on a long weekend.

That's great! I wish they were out a lot more often and in different places too.

Quote Originally Posted by huntingfamily View Post
    That's great! I wish they were out a lot more often and in different places too.
    out more often absolutely and in places that aren’t insanely obvious would be nice as well..
    has anyone ever hit a game check somewhere surprising ? Or it it always that same break stop on the highway there.

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    Just like the cops, instead of going out and doing their job in places they are likely to catch criminals.. they look for infractions from otherwise honest folk to ruin their day.

as if any poacher is a) going to poach on a long weekend b) take a major highway home with a poached animal.. c) is 10000% going to pull a u turn as soon as they know what it is, if they were dumb enough to poach and drive down a main highway on a long weekend.
    Indeed, kinda like catching people going 10 km over in a transition zone while on their way to and from work while junkies are stealing anything and everything they can find that isn’t bolted down.
    If the world is warming why are there so many new snowflakes?

If we are all equal why do you demand special treatment?

You can not comply your way out of tyranny.

Fire them ALL!

Quote Originally Posted by high horse Hal View Post
    hit the express lane

This one made me laugh, lol!

It’s as much about education and being seen as it is about ‘catching’ poachers. Poachers are almost impossible to catch. Too much ground and not enough COs. They mostly hand out warnings, based on previous year reporting on this game check, but still catch enough dumb hunters who can’t read the regs to make it a worthwhile endeavour.
    Your asking in the wrong place. This is the tinfoil hat capital of the internet

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post

Exacty my thoughts. Hand out some bullshit fines to make themselves look good and justify their jobs on the backs of the people who are least likely to be committing real crime.

We’ve been talking about this exact same thing recently with property crime and the rcmp. We pay their wages through taxation and the rcmp justifies their job by chasing me down for a speeding ticket or seatbelt fine and when I call them about property crime they tell me to call my insurance company. What service are they really providing us?

They only thing they are concerned about is double time money greedy pigs like all government workers