Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for hunting mentor or advice

Re: Looking for hunting mentor or advice

Quote Originally Posted by BULLNUTTS View Post
    Good for you. Personally I find it refreshing to hear of young lads as yourself brave enough to openly seek sage advice from the ''old boys'' ,that says alot in my books. Your message says you have located game. Your learning starts from there. I am willing to teach you some basics from there....sending pm
    Good on ua for reaching out to this guy. I find not many will these days. It's typically go figure it out!! That's what I've gad to do which I dont mind. Still working on my first archery buck!����

went out to the gun an rod club today in langley joined the meat shoot learned a lot from those chaps an won some meat too.

i would be beyond grateful!!!
    even if i dont take anything home personally, shadowing an watching others an helping getting hands on is how i learn best personally.

Welcome to hunting man... I don't hunt reg 2 or blacktails but I can tell you that generally, the further you get off the road, the more critters you will see.... find sign, learn to read the sign, hunt the sign,...

And typically you won't save $$ by hunting, but it's a great way to DIY harvest clean organic meat..

Mission Rod and Gun club , runs a course every year late in the summer called Hunting 101 , the guys that run it are highly experienced hunters with many years of knowledge . I use to help them out but I now live in Prince George rite in the hart of Moose and Elk country,
    Obviously you live in the Lowermainland , for decent Mule deer hunting you have to get out of Area 2 and hunt in Area 3 , ( Thompson Nicola ) or the Princeton area ,
    Moose of course you have to get up North although there are moose in area 3 ( 100 Mile area ) etc but the best is either Area 7 and 6 , it takes many years of getting out there and finding a good hunting spot , problem is if you don't know hunters that will invite you allong and show you an area it makes it quite difficult , best thing to do is get out there explore areas , apply for LEH . Best of luck and check out Hunting 101 its a good thing for beginners

Quote Originally Posted by bentwrench View Post
    went out to the gun an rod club today in langley joined the meat shoot learned a lot from those chaps an won some meat too.

Quote Originally Posted by bentwrench View Post
    There you go that gets it started.

Quote Originally Posted by Machinist View Post
    Mission Rod and Gun club , runs a course every year late in the summer called Hunting 101 , the guys that run it are highly experienced hunters with many years of knowledge . I use to help them out but I now live in Prince George rite in the hart of Moose and Elk country,
    Obviously you live in the Lowermainland , for decent Mule deer hunting you have to get out of Area 2 and hunt in Area 3 , ( Thompson Nicola ) or the Princeton area ,
    Moose of course you have to get up North although there are moose in area 3 ( 100 Mile area ) etc but the best is either Area 7 and 6 , it takes many years of getting out there and finding a good hunting spot , problem is if you don't know hunters that will invite you allong and show you an area it makes it quite difficult , best thing to do is get out there explore areas , apply for LEH . Best of luck and check out Hunting 101 its a good thing for beginners
    How about learning to read sign is more important than being shown where moose live.