Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not seeing video links posted AGAIN

Not seeing video links posted AGAIN

Okay I’m not sure what these heck k is going on here . I use an iPad . I was having problems a few weeks back with seeing videos being post by members ,you know you see the picture of the video and you click on it ,Voila !

So an HBC member said to go into your settings in SAcari and clear you history . We ll I did that but when I do that I loose all of my windows / tabs I have open which is frustrating g as I like to be able to go back and see them for reference . Coukd someone help me with my problem ?
    Thank You !

P.S. I’m not very tech savvy so simple is best !
    Last edited by Arctic Lake; 08-06-2023 at 05:25 PM.
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Not seeing video links posted AGAIN

46 reviews and no bites ! I know there’s a lot of tech savvy guys on here , Im not tech savvy at all !
    Arctic Lake

Mine does that if I open it on Safari but if I open it on Chrome everything works. Don't know why?

Not too techy myself but I'll ask, how olds your iPad?
    could be your browser is old outta date?

I have an iPad Air 2 I think it’s from 2014 .I had help from HBC member tri777 the last time this happened and what he told me to do worked but then I lost all my opened windows or tabs or what ever you call them .That’s what I don’t want to happen again !
    Thanks Arctic Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by SSG-man View Post
    Not too techy myself but I'll ask, how olds your iPad?
    could be your browser is old outta date?

Can't see video links that people post or don't know how to post video links?

I click reply to a thread that has a video in it. This will give you the link code.

Which should look like -> [ video=youtube;7mA8tL8uw18]https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=7mA8tL8uw18[/video]

But the previous code I've added a space between the [ and v in the first video. Remove that space and it should work.

Then I find the video I want on YouTube and click share. Then I copy the video link. And copy the red part

htps://youtube.com/watch?v=3zG2UVI5L0w&feature=share

And post it in the red parts here

video=youtube;7mA8tL8uw18]https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=7mA8tL8uw18

It's some frigging around, but it's a method

Thanks Warn . So when I’m scrolling through a thread let’s say Good Old Tunes and fellas have posted a YouTube video I don’t see the snapshot of the video in their post . It’s just their post but a blank space and it annoys the hell out of me !
    This was happening before , I resolved it by doing what member tri777 explained would fix it by clearing my website History and browsing in my Safari settings ,this resolved the problem but I lost all my tabs tgat I had opened . I like to have those tabs so I can look back at them for reference . Sorry for being a pain !
    Arctic Lake
    I click reply to a thread that has a video in it. This will give you the link code.

Which should look like -> [ video=youtube;7mA8tL8uw18]https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=7mA8tL8uw18[/video]

But the previous code I've added a space between the [ and v in the first video. Remove that space and it should work.

Then I find the video I want on YouTube and click share. Then I copy the video link. And copy the red part

htps://youtube.com/watch?v=3zG2UVI5L0w&feature=share

And post it in the red parts here

video=youtube;7mA8tL8uw18]https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=7mA8tL8uw18

It's some frigging around, but it's a method[/QUOTE]

I've been meaning to ask why people prefer the video shown in the window as opposed to just a text link?

I think it just catches you eye . That’s why I want to see it when I view ! LOL ! I need to get this problem sorted out
    Arctic Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by SSG-man View Post
    I've been meaning to ask why people prefer the video shown in the window as opposed to just a text link?

Thanks for the relief fellas ! I Think I have solved the problem , I think I have .
    Arctic Lake