Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Seeing many deer?

Re: Seeing many deer?

saw a decent amount of deer yesterday and a ton today, probably close to a hundred, but virtually no rut activity where we are hunting. Cant find a 4pt to save our lives.

Quote Originally Posted by geo guy View Post
    saw a decent amount of deer yesterday and a ton today, probably close to a hundred, but virtually no rut activity where we are hunting. Cant find a 4pt to save our lives.
    I like the last week of Nov for deer hunting. Seems to be that's when I've shot most of the bigger ones I have.

Saw quite a few deer today; no 4 points but all the young bucks were swollen up and following a doe or two. Didn't care about me in the least. Only one thing on their mind in 3:28
    I don't shoot innocent animals... Just the ones that look guilty!

Quote Originally Posted by Imdone View Post
    That's Not a White Tail.
    BTail all the way
    The full video confirms this 1,000,000 %.
    Last edited by Redthies; 11-14-2022 at 08:22 AM.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Saw a big rutted up buck today, neck swollen right up, was 90% sure he was a 4 pt, very dark antlers unfortunately for me were skylined to the dark conifers right at first light, then he took off before I could 100% confirm... then later my son and I grunted in a 3 pt that was following a doe... the rut is indeed on..

Quote Originally Posted by Redthies View Post
    You might want to look again. Single main beam with tines sprouting from it and rust color coat. Pretty sure that’s not a BT…
    No that is not the entire package, and should never be used solely to identify the target species. That can be regular antler growth of a 3 pt BT, the underbelly, the inside of legs, a tell tale giveaway, not white like a WT, the tail, although tough to see, brown to black outside, the barrel like body, the stout looking although not clear head.n
    Many don't look at more than one identity marker.
    That's a Fleetwood BT.
    WSSBC
    BCWF
    CCFR
    BHA

Quote Originally Posted by Redthies View Post
    You might want to look again. Single main beam with tines sprouting from it and rust color coat. Pretty sure that’s not a BT…
    Will have to go with Imdone on this one. The photo doesn't show the antlers that great but the rear end is 100% blacktail. Never used colour of the coat to identify though; will try comparing the next few I see.
    I don't shoot innocent animals... Just the ones that look guilty!

Here's the video the image was clipped from https://imgur.com/bbjtxCv

Lots of dog tracks , the most abundant animal I’ve seen up here this season is moose. Lots of bull moose. White tails been slow for me .. only shot 1 doe so far. I’ve got some legal bull elk on my cameras so I may switch to still hunting elk until the seasons over. If I see a WT bonus. New area for me though didn’t have a chance to pre season scout so my opinion and view could be jaded.

Quote Originally Posted by GGB View Post
    Here's the video the image was clipped from https://imgur.com/bbjtxCv
    Well, that would have helped! I’ve never seen a blacktail with a straight main beam like that. Context is everything, and in the clipped photo, you can’t see the tail, and the light gives it a much different coat color. I’ve never been wrong on species in person, this photo just fooled me… I stand corrected.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.