Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gun bearer options

Re: Gun bearer options

Not sure if the SG one would work on a kuiu pack? Maybe? Kifaru one has been my fav for over ten years. SG one you have to attach your rifle to your pack on the ground and then throw the pack on, i dont really like that. Much prefer to put my pack on and then then attach the rifle.

Kifaru Gun Bearer gives you instant access to your firearm or bow and arrow in my case. Allows you to put the pack on, then attach the gun or bow. I've probably carried a bow a thousand miles in them over the past 22 seasons. Also allows you to use hiking poles at the same time. Takes getting use to where to position the top tether so the cam (or barrel) isn't in your face.
    Last edited by Blockcaver; 11-11-2022 at 05:11 PM.

Another vote here for Kifaru.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

One of the other great things about the kifaru is you can use your rifle barrel to steady your binos when glassing. It makes a huge difference.

Also, because the barrel is below head height, it doesn’t catch on branches when you are going through the thick stuff. Because the rifle is up against your body, the scope is well protected too.

I think it’s the best alternative available.
    Last edited by Treed; 11-11-2022 at 12:30 PM.
    Your asking in the wrong place. This is the tinfoil hat capital of the internet

I'm at 6 Kifaru gun bearer sales that I know of.
    When someone sees it for the first time they're like, "What is that thing?"
    After a few hours hiking, the question changes to, "Where do you get those things?".....

Quote Originally Posted by RiverOtter View Post
    I'm at 6 Kifaru gun bearer sales that I know of.
    When someone sees it for the first time they're like, "What is that thing?"
    After a few hours hiking, the question changes to, "Where do you get those things?".....
    Gonna order a gun bearer but just thought I'd ask with my pro 7800 should I order the long waistbelt wrap or the short?

Good question. I'd say you'll need the long, but I'm not running the 7800, so you might want to call Kifaru and confirm before you order.

Quote Originally Posted by Blockcaver View Post
    Kifaru Gun Bearer gives you instant access to your firearm or bow and arrow in my case. Allows you to put the pack on, then attach the gun or bow. I've probably carried a bow a thousand miles in them over the past 22 seasons. Also allows you to use hiking poles at the same time. Takes getting use to where to position the top tether so the cam (or barrel) isn't in your face.

Quote Originally Posted by SR80 View Post
    Not sure if the SG one would work on a kuiu pack? Maybe? Kifaru one has been my fav for over ten years. SG one you have to attach your rifle to your pack on the ground and then throw the pack on, i dont really like that. Much prefer to put my pack on and then then attach the rifle.
    Quote Originally Posted by KodiakHntr View Post
    The SG version works ok, but I much prefer Kifaru’s take. If you take your rifle off while wearing the pack you can’t get your rifle back on (as they recommend setting it up) unless you have a third arm growing out of your back.

Or you have to put your rifle on and then put on your pack. Not very convenient.

With a little ingenuity you can use the SG setup in both rear and forward carry. Again I have done this on Kuiu, Exo and MR packs without issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody66 View Post
    I've run the kifaru gun bearer on an older pack and liked it but I think I'll take a closer look at the SG, curious as the which option did you order for the sg to work with the kuiu the one for the terminus or the one for the Xcurve & krux evo?

I used the one for the Evo that came with the extra upper buckle and threaded it onto the top portion of my bag in a logical spot. I then used the quick release strap and threaded it through the shoulder strap in another logical spot and snugged it up to the rifle in forward carry. Works both ways and holds just as well as the gun bearer but allows you two carry options. Pretty dang simple.
    WSSBC
    CCFR

I haven’t tried the others mentioned, but I’ve been using Kifaru Gunbearer since 2006 or 2007 on my big pack and day pack. Can’t imagine not having one.

i have the SG one but i havent used it yet, ordered it on one of the last free shipping sales with no issues, got a bunch of small things and repair kits etc.