Thread: Placer Mountain fsr

Placer Mountain fsr

Anyone know what the conditions are like up Placer Mountain fsr. Tia.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Placer Mountain fsr

I'm curious too. There are a bunch of slashpiles up there that I'm supposed to burn.

I was there this past weekend. Roads were a little icy, but good otherwise all the way to placer lake

It’s desolate when it comes to game, fuq all but giver! Place is quiet as heck
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

ya, almost no game in there from what I saw. spooked one moose, not sure if it was a cow or bull? just saw its rear end. I did drive past one camp on my way out with a mulie hanging.

Placer has nothing but a few rabbits. Last time I was there a few years back there was little forest in which to hide.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Yeah we hunted there last year, saw very little game and very little sign, even when we were well off the roads. It’s a huge moonscape and the salvage logging of the burns hasn’t helped, same with the amount of cattle that gets run through there.

Don't know what snow is like, but BRING GOOD CHAINS if you're going. The first hill off the turn-around gets early morning sun which can melt it a bit then later on once the sun gets behind the trees it can ice up really bad. Last time I was there in 2019 a guy was trying to get up with his trailer and slid off teh side. Barely rescued his truck. It was so icey we couldn't even walk - this was first few weeks of October.