Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blacktail vets: Luring/Attracting Mature Bucks

Re: Blacktail vets: Luring/Attracting Mature Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by stixnstones View Post
    That’s awesome �� u can sit in your stand n still get cell service. Good way to pass the time. Goodluck
    Hahah yep, but with these Ghosts and the way things go for me when I play on the phone is when he'll walk through lol

Quote Originally Posted by TheObserver View Post
    For sure! Hey Ron what week of Nov would you say you see the most movement/action for BT. Seems like this and next week will be most activity from my experience
    I think it can vary +/- a week each year, but the first 2 weeks on NOV is never a bad bet to be in the stand or up in the cutblocks/timber. I've seen rutting action on the island as late as end Nov. That said, my biggest 2 bucks were the last week of Oct, biggest on Oct 31 and both clearly showed rutting behavior.

I was out on foot for a few hours yesterday as it snowed up high the night before, wind and rain down low. Checking out some high cutblocks that I haven't been to in a couple years. Saw 7 (2 bucks, 3 does, 2 fawns) between 11 am and 2pm when the ceiling lifted enough for me to see. Fresh tracks everywhere! Between the rut and weather they are definitely moving right now.
    Last edited by Ron.C; 11-07-2022 at 01:49 PM.

I agree but will extend it one more week = I have my best luck last week of October first two weeks of November
    Funniest post I have ever read...

Originally Posted by troutseeker
    I rotate 1/2 tp 5/8 of a turn, and I do so in both directions. that is due to my press being mounted in th middle of my bench nad my beer being on hte right side nad my cigar being on hte left side. Thus I rotate each way ot take a sip or a puff.

I have not noticed significant runout, mind you,after a few brews I lose interest in measuring...