Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Butcher Prices

Butcher Prices

Hi,

Anyone have current prices for butchering? Looking for how much cut and wrapped per pound. Thanks

first moose draw in a years and wonder if its worth doing ourselves.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Butcher Prices

$1.60/ Lbs is the going rate. Scott/ 00Buck on HBC does a great job he is in Langford on Vancouver Island. I would recommend him as he did my moose, and the price was fair. He also does pepperoni, salami ect. Great guy deal with.

Sumas Meats I think was 1.50/lb or maybe 1.25/lb cut and wrapped.

Fancy sausages 3.50 (pepperoni, jalapeno cheddar smokies) regular sausage (garlic ring etc) 2.50/lb I think

Got our moose done there. Everything has been delicious, highly recommend. 330lbs of meat done with lots of pepperoni, smokies etc cost $537 total.

I paid 1.00/lb in Houston for 1 moose and 1.10/lb in Smithers for the 2nd moose.

1.60/lb sounds atrocious to me.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeman20 View Post
    Sumas Meats I think was 1.50/lb or maybe 1.25/lb cut and wrapped.

Fancy sausages 3.50 (pepperoni, jalapeno cheddar smokies) regular sausage (garlic ring etc) 2.50/lb I think

Got our moose done there. Everything has been delicious, highly recommend. 330lbs of meat done with lots of pepperoni, smokies etc cost $537 total.
    Uli is a great guy and raised doing it...and has a great team... quality is always top notch and he treats your animals as individuals and always puts his best foot forward.

1.50/lb average cut and wrap. 2.50-4.50/lb for sausage/pepperoni depending on what you want and where you go. Sumas is great. Also tried Iron Meats? Or something in Pitt Meadows. They were good also but expensive pepperoni although delicious.
    WSSBC
    CCFR

$1.00 a pound cut and wrapped in Sparwood.

Hmmmm. Iron Butcher is in Maple Ridge is at the bottom of the hill on River Road . Manny is in Pitt Meadows . Hope this helps
    Arctic Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by whitlers View Post
    1.50/lb average cut and wrap. 2.50-4.50/lb for sausage/pepperoni depending on what you want and where you go. Sumas is great. Also tried Iron Meats? Or something in Pitt Meadows. They were good also but expensive pepperoni although delicious.
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

We paid $1 in Mackenzie. Know someone in PG that does $0.95. Depends really where you are, but up north the average is $1/ lb.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    Hmmmm. Iron Butcher is in Maple Ridge is at the bottom of the hill on River Road . Manny is in Pitt Meadows . Hope this helps
    Arctic Lake

iron butcher took over mannys place in Pitt Meadows . Just had my deer butchered there
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess