Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Favourite way to transport rifle on ATV

Re: Favourite way to transport rifle on ATV

For those who ride with their rifles slung on their back or in the front, that’s a lot of trust in those sling studs.

I ride a sxs so there is a bit more room. Mine is mounted in a kolpin stronghold in the box right behind me. Gets covered in mud, rain, twigs and what ever else and it sits nicely in the boot. Still fairly quick to get out.

The second rifle rides inside the cab, mounted in a soft bag on the pass side, between the riders. U mount on handle bar, and one on the back to hold the butt.

No way I would ever ride on a quad with it mounted on the front with no hard case. Seen too many get muddy on the trails as we pass others. Plus the abuse it would get on the trails I usually go to get to places the poor rifle would get beat to snot in no time.

Over the shoulder, naw not for this guy. Going thru tight bush is a staple to get to moose grounds, so that would not fly.

My previous rifle and scope rode for 4 years and put on over 5000 kms. Never a problem with shifting optics or having to verify. She stayed straight and true the hole time. Some may ask, "that many kms"? Yep, I could cover 300 kms in a day to get to certain areas from camp and back. Yep I even get off and hunt, not just ride. The sxs just gets me there quicker, and in style.

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    When transporting in any vehicle, you do NOT require a trigger lock, nor the bolt removed.
    Just cannot be "loaded", ie: having a full magazine in under an empty bolt

Cheer,
    Nog
    Bingo! Unloaded is the ONLY requirement for a non restricted firearm during transport.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

I use the gun mounts on the front rack, I always have it in a soft gun case in the “y” holders to help protect
    Shoot em' Whack em' Stack em'