Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Evanguy's first successful big game hunt

Re: Evanguy's first successful big game hunt

What a series of great adventures that you are sharing with your daughter. Keep it going as long as you can.

WOW, what a great first, well done. Loved the photo's of you and your daughter, like you she will remember this adventure for the rest of her life.Hats off to her, your daughter is a real trooper.

What a great read Evanguy. I'm up early thinking about different ideas for this year and reading about your dad/daughter adventures inspires me to think about what my youngsters and I can do together.
    An ethical hunter, aspiring backcountry enthusiast and supporter of indigenous sovereignty.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
    -Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by RainyLaker View Post
    What a great read Evanguy. I'm up early thinking about different ideas for this year and reading about your dad/daughter adventures inspires me to think about what my youngsters and I can do together.
    Thanks and I'm glad I could inspire that, kids can do lots more than people give them credit for.

Really enjoyed the adventure and your down to earth writing style. Always exciting to see nuts when walking up to a downed animal! Your daughter will have memories for a lifetime from that fly in. They sure grow up fast . . . keep at it.
    "Every time is a once-in-a-lifetime experience . . . all different" Glenn St. Charles

LIFE MEMBER: RMGA, WSSBC, BGRCBC

Awesome job! Great story and you are giving your daughter memories of a lifetime!!!

Amazing hunt and write up! Congrats to you and your daughter. Memories for a lifetime.

I hope to do a fly in hunt next year for the first time, I may pick your brain a bit on what worked and what you learned from.

Cheers and best of luck again this year on your fly in sheep hunt.

thanks for sharing! love the 'social distancing world champion ' shirt.

Props to you and your daughter. Very cool.

Thanks guys. We talk about this trip all the time still. We have a hard cover picture book made up with 200 pics. Between Brooklyn and me it's looked at a few times a month.

She has her hunting license this year and I have our flights booked for a 12day fly in this Aug. I'm personally looking for sheep and she wants to get a goat. So we will both have gos goat and sheep tags in our pockets

And missing from the pics is one of the most important pics of the trip. The fact it happened how it did makes it even crazier of a trip.

Iron sighted Lee Enfield sporter, 303 British.

Last edited by Evanguy; 03-26-2024 at 07:51 PM.

Nice work! Contrats!