Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old Coleman stove and lantern parts

Old Coleman stove and lantern parts

Anybody have a source for older parts in Canada??? Having issues finding a supplier of parts..just plunger washer. Thanx! Andy
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Old Coleman stove and lantern parts

old coleman parts in the usa. They ship to Canada. Other than then ebay?
    https://www.oldcolemanparts.com/
    can you skin gizz ?

If you can figure out the model number or any type of number on it, Google it. We had issues with our oven. Found the model number and googled it. Got a schematic and from there. Determined which part I needed. Now I had a part number. I googled the part number and Reliable in Kelowna wanted 210 plus shipping. Able parts in Indiana wanted 140 Canadian to my door all in total cost. Thanks to Able, My oven is fine now. Other sellers wanted anywhere from 140 to 250 plus. I even had a problem with my wife's car. I found the part number and it ranged from 60 to 150 but Amazon warehouse deals had one for 24.00 It will be here tomorrow. Point is, Google can help if you know some numbers and are willing to search

What are you looking for??

Probably cheaper to just buy a new stove or lantern. Seems to be the way it goes if you need parts these days.

i picked up a whole new plunger assembly last year at CT for my coleman stove. I cant remember how much i paid but it didnt shock me or anything

For plungers, just oiling the leather usually does it. My mom would use cooking oil, but thin syn engine oil is my choice. For caps you'll need a new one. If you are losing pressure, I'll replace the cap. For stove generators, you just need to clean them. I've used steel wool and acetone. Check to make sure your tank is rust free inside.If it's rusty you have a parts stove. Lantern generators are a replacement item. If it needs a new glass, it's better to buy new lantern. They are a real pain to refurbish. Northern Hardware in PG use to have parts. By the time I added up my parts list to refurbish a 3 burner, for $20 more I bought a new one.

White gas Coleman stoves are great to cook on. Better than any kitchen range.

i think i saw a metal screen replacement globe for coleman lanterns..i only have a coleman stove (no lantern)
    Quote Originally Posted by Downwindtracker2 View Post
    For plungers, just oiling the leather usually does it. My mom would use cooking oil, but thin syn engine oil is my choice. For caps you'll need a new one. If you are losing pressure, I'll replace the cap. For stove generators, you just need to clean them. I've used steel wool and acetone. Check to make sure your tank is rust free inside.If it's rusty you have a parts stove. Lantern generators are a replacement item. If it needs a new glass, it's better to buy new lantern. They are a real pain to refurbish. Northern Hardware in PG use to have parts. By the time I added up my parts list to refurbish a 3 burner, for $20 more I bought a new one.

White gas Coleman stoves are great to cook on. Better than any kitchen range.

my stove isnt that old (maybe 20 years) and plunger was a plastic/rubber type (not leather) that was too worn to get a good seal even nicely oiled. It wasnt too big a pain having to pump up in the middle of cooking a meal but somethings just wear out and have to be replaced