Thread: Pheasant Hunt package

Pheasant Hunt package

Looking for some input, recommendations, experiences with Pheasant hunting packages.
    I see there's an outfit near BigBar, one in the Koots.

Anyone ever use these outfits?

Or do you recommend travel to Alberta, or the Dakotas?
    WSSBC
    BCWF
    CCFR
    BHA

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Pheasant Hunt package

With regards to Pheasant hunt package, I have no experience using either of the outfits mentioned in BC. There are some preserve sites or outfitters in Alberta that offer pheasant hunting packages. However, if you have your own hunting dogs you could consider travelling over to Alberta for upland gamebird hunting. For instance, if you did the hunt in October, you could hit some Alberta Conservation sites, or Eastern Irrigation District land. Some of the pheasants on those areas mentioned will have wild birds in addition to the released birds. Also, you might come across some Sharptail grouse, and Hungarian partridge to make things even more interesting. My recommendation for an Alberta hunt is to do it in October, as winter will be moving in quickly this year in Southern Alberta and it is not much fun to hunt pheasants in -10 to -15 degree weather in November.
    As far as North Dakota, lot of good land to hunt down there from what I hear, but you will have to dedicate at least two weeks to the hunt in my humble opinion.

Re: Pheasant Hunt package

Some years ago I discovered one in my yard & know there are some around the area but no packages available here. I think providing hunting packages specifically for pheasant in BC is a hard sell since other upland game such as grouse etc. are abundant.

Strikingly beautiful birds up close....

Took a perch on neighbour's roof after sneaking around in my front yard.