Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First 20 gauge limit of ducks in the Momarsh Fatboy DP.

Re: First 20 gauge limit of ducks in the Momarsh Fatboy DP.

Mark I have always had hunting dogs, Brittanys, spaniels, labs, and Chesapeake. but now I am 75 and can not keep up with them any more, so when abby passed I ended up getting a German Shepard just to be with me in the bush as I can not hear very good any more.
    He is a great dog very easy to train compared to abby and very smart, he dose not hunt but he will fetch grouse for me.lol. if I could only get him to fetch ducks I would have it made. It is a pity that you don't live closer to me as I have a private lake to hunt on for ducks and geese and no dog to get them.
    I have a canoe but have a hard time putting it in and out I just shoot the ducks that will land on the ground around the lake.But like you I just enjoy watching the ducks and geese I do not have to kill anything to enjoy myself anymore. Steve!

Quote Originally Posted by webley View Post
    Mark I have always had hunting dogs, Brittanys, spaniels, labs, and Chesapeake. but now I am 75 and can not keep up with them any more, so when abby passed I ended up getting a German Shepard just to be with me in the bush as I can not hear very good any more.
    He is a great dog very easy to train compared to abby and very smart, he dose not hunt but he will fetch grouse for me.lol. if I could only get him to fetch ducks I would have it made. It is a pity that you don't live closer to me as I have a private lake to hunt on for ducks and geese and no dog to get them.
    I have a canoe but have a hard time putting it in and out I just shoot the ducks that will land on the ground around the lake.But like you I just enjoy watching the ducks and geese I do not have to kill anything to enjoy myself anymore. Steve!
    Steve,

It is to bad we don’t live closer together! Sounds like your shepherd was a retriever in a previous life lol. You would think there would be young bucks up your way that would jump at the opportunity to share a blind and shoots some duck with you!
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

Nice to see you back Marc , looks like she is coming along nicely. When you mentioned Marshall I had flashbacks of the the early days of hunting bc and how you could see his passion in the photos you would post.
    Last edited by Jelvis; Yesterday at 10:24 PM. Reason: ATTENTION: YOUR HONEY HOLE has been JEL ZEROED

" A boss is like a diaper, always on your ass and full of shit!"

Love seeing dog pics thanks for sharing ,have 2 (GSP and Lab) and they know when we go to the truck good things are coming

Quote Originally Posted by nano View Post
    Nice to see you back Marc , looks like she is coming along nicely. When you mentioned Marshall I had flashbacks of the the early days of hunting bc and how you could see his passion in the photos you would post.
    I'll tell you it's hard having another dog after Marshall. I'm expecting to much from this girl and expecting her to know what she's doing but then realize we haven't experienced a lot of things yet and we are still learning. She's a lot softer then Marshall was and needs a little more coaxing then Marshall ever needed.

BCWF

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Love seeing dog pics thanks for sharing ,have 2 (GSP and Lab) and they know when we go to the truck good things are coming
    Skadi definitely knows that the truck means fun now and we've been out roughly 4 times in November but she's getting lots of experience in with the birds.

BCWF