I changed up the choke on the 20 gauge this time out to a Carlson Cremator Medium Range and was using Kent #4 Fast Steel 1550fps out of it. Last time out I was using the factory Improved Cylinder and Score Steel #2 1550 fps. I kept my decoys tight and shots within 25 yards or so and it did fine on Teal and Widgeon. The mallard I think #3 or #2 would have been a better choice, but you work with what you have in the gun at the time. No lost birds so far, concentration on building the dog's confidence and picking the shots accordingly. This was only the second time she's hunted over water and seeing decoys. She's still struggling to pick out the duck within the decoys even when the duck is on its back doing the back paddle .

Got out of the boat, stretch out our legs, and had a bite to eat. I did a walk around picking up any spent casings I could see and touched up the grass a bit before hunkering down again waiting on more birds to arrive. You can see Skadi in the back in her position, when she lays down you can barely see her head tucked under the cover. It still amazes me how well hidden you are in this layout boat. I have hawks, ravens, king fishers, seagulls, as well as waterfowl flying mere feet above the boat.