Thread: One of the good guys

One of the good guys

I went to a field I have permission on at daybreak today looking for a snow goose. Lots of high flying birds with no shooting opportunities.

Around 9:00 another hunter showed up and asked if I minded him hunting there too. He indicated he was going farther along to a pile of brush near a ditch.

"Yeah sure, no problem."

As the morning progressed there were more high flying birds and when the occasional low one came by, I missed and short-shucked my 870 twice missing a 2nd shot.

The other guy got a few shots off.

Around 11:30 I packed up and headed for the truck. He came out of his blind and came rushing over to me with a snow goose.

"Here, want this one?" he asked. "I got three so far."

I told him that it was okay, I'd have other opportunities.

He insisted and made me take the bird saying, "I really appreciate that you let me hunt here with you today, a lot of other guys would make a fuss and tell me to go elsewhere."

It's not my field and I have no say who hunts there or not, but still, that was a very kind gesture on his part.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: One of the good guys

Thats a true Sportsman. There are some great people out there.
    Great to hear your experience.

However
    The Dudes on the foreshore dyke areas leaving their hulls, shooting in out of zone areas etc are making it bad for the rest of us.
    We will be lucky to remain open if tge bad guys dont get weeded out
    WSSBC
    BCWF
    CCFR
    BHA

It costs very little to be gracious to your fellow hunter and the good ones will attract goodwill in return. I love hearing those stories.

I fish with a guy who is a frickin fish slayer. He’ll motor over and give flies to guys that aren’t catching. The looks on their faces is priceless. He wants people to have a great day fishing. Their success makes his day.
    Your asking in the wrong place. This is the tinfoil hat capital of the internet

Quote Originally Posted by Treed View Post
    I fish with a guy who is a frickin fish slayer. He’ll motor over and give flies to guys that aren’t catching. The looks on their faces is priceless. He wants people to have a great day fishing. Their success makes his day.
    i was out on a lake fishing for walleye with one of those plastic wiggly things and not having much luck. This guy coming putting over and says he noticed I wasn’t getting much action, he was hauling them out left and right.
    Gives me a half tub of bait and told me what to do. He wasn’t out of sight yet and I had a really nice one for supper. Practiced with the rest of the bait and was amazed at how well I did. Very grateful for what he showed me.
    They are out there,they look like us,they talk like us, but they ain’t us.