Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Catching Big Rainbows on Spoons

Re: Catching Big Rainbows on Spoons

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    Nice Video ! Thxs for Sharing - I have Heard of up to 15 Lb Bows or so out of Dragon Lk - any truth to this rumor ? One of my Buddies from Bridge Lk used to fish there every spring - RJ
    Back in the late 70’s, I personally caught a 13 pounder ice fishing and heard of bigger! Today the lake may hold an occasional 8-10 according to some of my intense fly fishing friends.

I lived for 12 years at Dragon Lake. East side, last house in the city. Was involved through Quesnel R&G Club with creating spawning channels in Dragon Creek. Gerard rainbows were the first trout species.
    My son Dave caught an 11 lb. fish. My catches were significantly smaller in size. There was a fellow, whose name eludes me at the moment, that was dragged around in his float tube at the north end off Legion Beach for about 45 minutes before bringing it in. He was able to get length (32”) and girth (23”)measurements before releasing it. The calculated weight was 21 to 23 lbs. That was on a fly. Gerrards did not seem too interested in spoons which is odd considering their mainstay in Kootenay Lake are Kokanee.
    There was an accidental re-introduction of red sided shinners when someone forgot to close the outlet gate one spring. They proliferated as the Gerrards did not appear to aggressively feed on them. The Blackwater Rainbow, a later introduction, found favour with the shinners thus causing them to seek refuge in the reed areas closer to shore. Following trout introduction were from Tzenzaicut Lake.
    And then came the more recent un-wanted introduction of someone’s koi pond fish.
    I moved before this latest introduction occurred.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Good stuff!!!!

Great Info Jäegermeister -RJ