Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peace region season

Peace region season

I haven't heard much about the Peace region hunting season? Wondering if less hunters went north due to the loss of the majority of the moose hunting? Did all the moose hunters converge on Pink Mountain where it's still 2/3/10? Are businesses noticing a loss of business?

Doesn't it seem odd, we make a fuss and then just clap our traps about it afterwards?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Peace region season

There is lots of moose running around that I have been seeing. Most on private land but a few on public too.

Quote Originally Posted by RayHill View Post
    There is lots of moose running around that I have been seeing. Most on private land but a few on public too.
    Oh, but according to our amazing Provincial government, that's just not possible.

They did all that meeting and collaborating and consulting with just about every user group imaginable and decided that there was not enough moose to possibly go around and dictated an LEH for this year with a "we will think about it" in successive years.

And, that a 2 to 2.5% harvest rate was far too high because it was still only about half to a 1/3 of the sustainable long term harvest.

So, no, it's not possible that you're seeing moose. Must be something else entirely.

~NH3

PS: I am super effing pissed off that the b@$tards in Victoria took my hunt away because of BS politics and false optics. I've been going up there for many years, and losing the contact that I have with both the people and the land is infuriating for me.

PPS: there are 2 x 2 day openers...
    NFA, CCFR, BCWF

Arrow Re: Peace region season

Quote Originally Posted by Night Hawk 3 View Post
    They did all that meeting and collaborating and consulting with just about every user group imaginable and decided that there was not enough moose to possibly go around and dictated an LEH for this year with a "we will think about it" in successive years.

And, that a 2 to 2.5% harvest rate was far too high because it was still only about half to a 1/3 of the sustainable long term harvest.
    Actually... None of that was the "why" of the LEH & 2 day openings.

It all boiled down to the NDP government losing a BC Supreme Court case over their allowing permits (and raking in the dividends) from resource extraction practices in those areas. The Court told them to make reparations with the local FN's as a consequence.

So, they instilled the LEH and 2 day openings, and the FN's (who incidentally were also receiving large dividends from the extraction companies) said Well Done. Go ahead with business as normal.

The very next day over 95 extraction permits were let for the same area.

And the rest as they say is history...

You have every reason to be choked.

Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Yes, with the way things are going my wife and I are strongly thinking about moving back to Alberta. I don't see anything that indicates things are going to improve and odds are they will just get worse. Life is too short.
    Everyone is entitled to voicing an opinion, as long as it is a learned one.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

I guess the next step is they will put the elk on LEH too?

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    Doesn't it seem odd, we make a fuss and then just clap our traps about it afterwards?
    sorry, but most would rather adapt than rebel, sorry
    did I say sorry? sorry
    Glad to say I have hunted Northern BC

Simon Fraser had pretty good judgement on what he found in BC

Elk in the kootanys will be leh very soon. Just a heads up.

The outfitters have been pushing to have ALL game animals under LEH for a long time now, next will be tags for ditch chickens.

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    Actually... None of that was the "why" of the LEH & 2 day openings.

It all boiled down to the NDP government losing a BC Supreme Court case over their allowing permits (and raking in the dividends) from resource extraction practices in those areas. The Court told them to make reparations with the local FN's as a consequence.

So, they instilled the LEH and 2 day openings, and the FN's (who incidentally were also receiving large dividends from the extraction companies) said Well Done. Go ahead with business as normal.

The very next day over 95 extraction permits were let for the same area.

And the rest as they say is history...

You have every reason to be choked.

Nog
    Um, my post was sarcasm…

My retribution is that my wife and I went up to the Peace for the 2 day opening… more moose where we hunt that I’ve ever seen!! And you can guess what happened about an hour after shooting light… that’s right, enough light to count spikes and forks. We will have very full freezers this year.

so, F-You NPD.

NH3
    NFA, CCFR, BCWF