Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: I'm at a cross roads in my hunting career

Re: I'm at a cross roads in my hunting career

I feel the same
    we go out for a 'hike' and I am always the slowest, 'hunting' along as we go, should learn to leave the binos at home we would see more summits and viewpoints

I arrived at the crossroads awhile back, thinned out all those things I had that I needed just in case
    just in case I went to Africa, just in case I went bison hunting, just in case I went pheasant hunting in alberta
    Funny money account is large enough that if that case arrives, i'll just go buy what I need
    freed up a whole closet and one gun safe
    but the desire will never end

Quote Originally Posted by Elkaddict View Post
    Hang in there Norwestalta, at least until the paycheque doesn't rule the day. A lot of the pleasure of hunting returned when I was able to hunt when I wanted and not when I had to ie: vacation or days off. Also, when you reach that point you'll hopefully be able to travel further afield without the worries of missing a job or missing a paycheque and get back to exploring new territory and experiencing new things to keep the flame alive.

I feel the need to pull the trigger less and less every year, but being out there "hunting" puts me in a mode where I think I see and experience much more than if I were just trudging from point A to point B. That's one of the reasons hunting is so enjoyable to me, it's all the stuff I come home with that that isn't meat.
    Glad to say I have hunted Northern BC

Simon Fraser had pretty good judgement on what he found in BC

fozzy is offline hunting 4 a decent Mulie

Re: I'm at a cross roads in my hunting career

Hopefully the passion for hunting returns for you. Lots of good advice above.

I'm close to 52 and still really enjoy it, body is getting worn out though. My "good' knee has started giving me trouble.
    Every year I take out a co-worker and assist him in filling his freezer, that's always fun.
    Like others have said, keep your gear.