Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hunting bike?

Re: Hunting bike?

I have rokon and so far it’s unbelievable what I can go over or up.
    takes some getting used too on handling side when your not used to the front wheel having power but it’s awesome.
    took it up the back stairs at my place just because my son thought it couldn’t.
    I’m looking for a couple metal 50 cal ammo cans now to mount on the sides of the back frame for gear.
    gun scabbard on the front and some type of box or carrier on the back rack.
    there’s a proper rokon trailer for sale near me but I paid less for the rokon than they want for the trailer.
    Last edited by sparkes3; 10-16-2022 at 08:11 AM.
    a bad day hunting is awwwwwwww who cares as long as your hunting.

I have had one since 2015 . Also have a Polaris Ranger . Both have there places but the rokon can go further because of its width . I'm not talking comfort thou

Here is a Picture of the EXACT model and color my Dad's TOTE GOAT - He had it in the very early 60's up in BRALORNE - I rode with him on it all over the bush in those days ! I was 6 or 7 years Old then - RJ

Used Norco medium fat tire, with back carrier with milk crate, strap gun case to cross bar. Every BT taken by quietly riding down logging trails... sunny fall day .. never gone back to quad. Set out, put some grub and a thermos of coffee in a pack ... go anywhere to logging roads ... park vehicle and go. Bike cost $75. 7 yrs later still got it still hunt it.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaScene View Post
    Used Norco medium fat tire, with back carrier with milk crate, strap gun case to cross bar. Every BT taken by quietly riding down logging trails... sunny fall day .. never gone back to quad. Set out, put some grub and a thermos of coffee in a pack ... go anywhere to logging roads ... park vehicle and go. Bike cost $75. 7 yrs later still got it still hunt it.
    Yeah, similar story here. Wore my Norco (see photo) out, then used a Kawahara but it got stolen. Now I use an Asama from Sports Junkies which is just an average 21-speed mtn bike like the others. My daily rider in the city for my daily exercise too. At 69 I've never had a motorbike or quad.

Arrow Re: Hunting bike?

Quote Originally Posted by B-rad View Post
    what kind of bike is that??,,,that be perfect to have,,,,is it a 4 stroke?
    4 stroke Honda 110.
    Despite what some say, I am just shy of 190 lbs and have no issues with it in the bush.
    Excellent mileage, small enough to slip under the gates.

A decent improvement over Gramps' Tote Goats!

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by MichelD View Post
    Yeah, similar story here. Wore my Norco (see photo) out, then used a Kawahara but it got stolen. Now I use an Asama from Sports Junkies which is just an average 21-speed mtn bike like the others. My daily rider in the city for my daily exercise too. At 69 I've never had a motorbike or quad.
    MD ...right on. Use it or lose it (fitness that is) ... 74 still biking... So effective so cheap. Quiet. Stealth. Nature's sounds of the various surroundings while silently coasting through. Thermos of coffee on the handlebars. Oh yeah... But to each his own.

My son and I ride Kawasaki KLX250s dual sports

as to e-bikes they are now classed as motorized vehicles so can be used for hunting the same as your vehicles
    Funniest post I have ever read...

Originally Posted by troutseeker
    I rotate 1/2 tp 5/8 of a turn, and I do so in both directions. that is due to my press being mounted in th middle of my bench nad my beer being on hte right side nad my cigar being on hte left side. Thus I rotate each way ot take a sip or a puff.

I have not noticed significant runout, mind you,after a few brews I lose interest in measuring...

them old ct and st 90cc Hondas were good, had a st the crazy things we did to it. I'm surprised it survived, accouple of times I was amassed I didn't die.

dads fishing buddy had one of these.

Last edited by MRP; 12-26-2022 at 01:09 PM.
    No one on their death bed ever said; I should have spent more time at work.

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    You have and ride one ? OR just a opinion ? RJ
    I owned 2 and he is right, nothing will touch a Rokon for hunting IMHO. I only sold them because I can't ride them anymore because of my arthritic thumbs.