I went out this morning to Boundary Bay 64th St.

1. While a bit slow compared to mid season last year, I did my limit of pintails - they were decoying nicely - and seeing not much else pulled up stakes at 10.
2. I missed a great opportunity at a low flying flight of Canadas coming in from the bay as I was already cleaning up and didn't notice them until they were right on top of me. Previously I had shot at another low flight of Canadas but they were at a distance and I never got the lead right.
3. Snows are in abundance yes but they are so high. I mean the lowest flight I saw was maybe 200y up. Just a waste of ammo.
4. Cacklers about the same but they apparently have learned to skirt 64th street as I only saw them give the foreshore a wide berth.

I do have about 70 or so snowie dekes but I would need a very good opportunity to bring them out. Without having a farm to drive right onto, I am too tired to drag them all out by hand. Been teased too many times by those birds.

I find with snowies it is totally a numbers game. You might get singles or small groups checking out your spread but when the groups flying over are in their hundreds, they really have no reason to come down to a smaller group of dekes. And they don't seem to care much for the foreshore. They want farms and fields. Get me on a farm and I will bring out my dekes.