Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Blacktail hunters, anyone tagged one yet?

Re: Blacktail hunters, anyone tagged one yet?

For anyone thinking of hunting areas that are close to the Fraser Valley in region 2 make sure you have your Fraser Valley Special area hunting license and check the Fraser Valley Special area regulations closely many areas in the surrounding mountains are not legal to hunt without it also check for areas that are closed to shooting single projectile firearms.

The license is only $10 and could save you a major fine - confiscation of your firearms/vehicle.
    Funniest post I have ever read...

Originally Posted by troutseeker
    I rotate 1/2 tp 5/8 of a turn, and I do so in both directions. that is due to my press being mounted in th middle of my bench nad my beer being on hte right side nad my cigar being on hte left side. Thus I rotate each way ot take a sip or a puff.

I have not noticed significant runout, mind you,after a few brews I lose interest in measuring...

Quote Originally Posted by Camp Cook View Post
    For anyone thinking of hunting areas that are close to the Fraser Valley in region 2 make sure you have your Fraser Valley Special area hunting license and check the Fraser Valley Special area regulations closely many areas in the surrounding mountains are not legal to hunt without it also check for areas that are closed to shooting single projectile firearms.

The license is only $10 and could save you a major fine - confiscation of your firearms/vehicle.

^^^ good reminder there

If you guys are hunting the Chilliwack River valley remember it is illegal to discharge a firearm within 800 meters of the main Chilliwack Lake Road.

There is a large sign - map on the upstream side of the Sleese Creek bridge across from the salmon hatchery that has all of the details.
    Thinking about this more and looking at the regs, seems like hunting within the 800M of the main road might actually be a good way to go. Could be wrong, but I'd wager there would be a lot less hunting pressure and maybe just maybe those deer feel good and safe

I'm tagged out but my hardest season by far though, hunted almost everyday of the season, sure didn't see many deer.
    If you are not wet, cold, and have sore legs, you're not blacktail hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    Thinking about this more and looking at the regs, seems like hunting within the 800M of the main road might actually be a good way to go. Could be wrong, but I'd wager there would be a lot less hunting pressure and maybe just maybe those deer feel good and safe
    Just need to be good with a bow and arrow I'm not that good anymore.

One more thing don't be stupid use your freaking brain = I witnessed this last weekend don't be shooting towards the valleys without a backstop for your bullets = people - houses - traffic is down below you morons live amoungst us...

I rotate 1/2 tp 5/8 of a turn, and I do so in both directions. that is due to my press being mounted in th middle of my bench nad my beer being on hte right side nad my cigar being on hte left side. Thus I rotate each way ot take a sip or a puff.

I have not noticed significant runout, mind you,after a few brews I lose interest in measuring...

Just need to be good with a bow and arrow I'm not that good anymore.

One more thing don't be stupid use your freaking brain = I witnessed this last weekend don't be shooting towards the valleys without a backstop for your bullets = people - houses - traffic is down below you morons live amoungst us...
    Yeah it's is amazing how careless some can be not knowing where they are shooting and not using a backstop. I have been in that unfortunate situation a few times. One case in particular my wife and I had to take cover up against a hill side for an hour with hundreds of bullets whistling over us and hitting trees in between us. Some morons in the cut block approx 800M away were just shooting into the treeline as if it were a backstop. Also had people just shooting straight down FSR's... "hey, do you mind shooting the other way into that nice backstop over there? I'd like to drive down that road" ... "yeah ok sure no problem. Hey, do you know where that road goes?" ... "yeah straight for about 7km and not uncommon for people to be down there" ... In another case we had one whistle over our heads... went down and talked to the guys, asked them to be safe, that one whistled over our heads... was just "oh sorry, yeah I just wanted to fire one up towards the mountain" and points straight up the hill to where we were camped.. sigh

Anyway, back to BT's... figure I'll hit a different area (not Chilliwack) where we found good sign a couple weeks back... but thinking about the whole bow thing, I'll probably do a little scouting around some of those no shooting areas in 2-3 sometime before next fall. I lucked out a couple years back and got a 3pt with a bow... maybe pull it off again

No luck yet but I did find a rut hole so hopefully next year I can carpet bomb it with trail camera's and pull one out of there. I believe the party is over now so maybe next year. That being said has anyone ever found a rut hole before. Any tips on how to hunt it would be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Cboyd View Post
    No luck yet but I did find a rut hole so hopefully next year I can carpet bomb it with trail camera's and pull one out of there. I believe the party is over now so maybe next year. That being said has anyone ever found a rut hole before. Any tips on how to hunt it would be much appreciated.
    i am also in the Fraser valley, the party is most certainly not over. Go kill one.

I waiting for the forecasted rains next week hoping that will get some movement happening

Nothing has been moving in my areas = I've only seen one doe in 2 weeks.

rains came only saw one doe

I really relate to this meme right now LOL...