Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Blacktail hunters, anyone tagged one yet?

Re: Blacktail hunters, anyone tagged one yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Camp Cook View Post
    Was thinking of those videos today and wishing I had brought antlers - call as I was following the tracks

A lot of it was thick bush but there were areas that opened up into big timber would have been perfect area to try rattling

I'm going to see what antlers I can dig up right now...

Found the 3x3 antlers

I'll tell ya man, after rattling them in I will never step foot in the woods again without em during pre/peak/post rut! It gets your heart beatin that's for sure lol!

Now that I know I can bring them to me I will use it to my advantage while I can during that time frame.

I found the thick stuff to work good for me because they had to come looking around instead of being able to see and it allowed me to draw my bow to anchor both times and they didn't see or hear me, but of course need shooting lanes

One thing though I have heard from a couple sources is once the post rut starts like late Nov on the big f***ers are usually extremely hard to call in. Though not impossible, you never know with these things that's whats so fun about them. But apparently smaller and medium Bucks a lot get rattled in early Dec.
    Last edited by TheObserver; 12-04-2022 at 08:26 PM.