Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Blacktail hunters, anyone tagged one yet?

Re: Blacktail hunters, anyone tagged one yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Camp Cook View Post
    rains came only saw one doe

I really relate to this meme right now LOL...

Dude me too! Been a tough week.

After using cams this year and really analyzing BT's and their behaviour in my main area, first week of Nov is absolutely hands down the best chances to get a Mature Buck imo. Next year that is the week I am taking off for Deer.

22-23 to end of Oct good too, but first week of Nov is prime, to 15th still being really good. For this area anyways

But it ain't over yet, be out there every minute I can until the 15th

Quote Originally Posted by TheObserver View Post
    Dude me too! Been a tough week.

After using cams this year and really analyzing BT's and their behaviour in my main area, first week of Nov is absolutely hands down the best chances to get a Mature Buck imo. Next year that is the week I am taking off for Deer.

22-23 to end of Oct good too, but first week of Nov is prime, to 15th still being really good. For this area anyways
    I find last week of Oct to Nov 15 is the best time.

I have taken a few in Dec so not giving up yet...
    Funniest post I have ever read...

Originally Posted by troutseeker
    I rotate 1/2 tp 5/8 of a turn, and I do so in both directions. that is due to my press being mounted in th middle of my bench nad my beer being on hte right side nad my cigar being on hte left side. Thus I rotate each way ot take a sip or a puff.

I have not noticed significant runout, mind you,after a few brews I lose interest in measuring...

No luck yet, just found tracks and poop. I haven't been able to get out while the weather has been crappy. I'll keep trying until the season closes. Back-up plan is to head to the states and dart a doe on my folks property. Not my ideal "hunt" but I want to eat venison instead of tags this year.

With the unusual weather and from my understanding of the rut being tied to weather temps, do you think the rut has been pushed back a bit later this year?

Edit: Camp Cook, I was trying to reply to your last post.

I'll be going out on Sunday and that'll probably be my last hunt

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel View Post
    With the unusual weather and from my understanding of the rut being tied to weather temps, do you think the rut has been pushed back a bit later this year?

Edit: Camp Cook, I was trying to reply to your last post.
    I don't think its any different here for the rut example I shot a buck almost a month ago now he was with a doe.

Weather then changed and I believe they went nocturnal I only saw one doe then this morning I found 5 different does none had bucks with them.

Coolest part about still hunting in wet weather is appr 30 min after spotting one of the does I was able to get within 5 - 6 yards of a her this morning.
    Funniest post I have ever read...

Originally Posted by troutseeker
    I rotate 1/2 tp 5/8 of a turn, and I do so in both directions. that is due to my press being mounted in th middle of my bench nad my beer being on hte right side nad my cigar being on hte left side. Thus I rotate each way ot take a sip or a puff.

I have not noticed significant runout, mind you,after a few brews I lose interest in measuring...

Buck with two does escaped me two days ago. Fingers crossed for today.

rut is triggered by amount if daylight. behaviour is affected by weather.
    have shot deer in late november and into december, all have been fine eats.
    don't give up. they're still out there.

Anyone seeing anything lately? Since the snow it seems like they have ditched the new logged out areas. I have found some fresh track in 5-7 year old reprod sections that are surrounded by timber. What's the trick to finding them in the late season? Anyway, good luck to all for what's left of the 2022 season!