Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Some of our 2022 grouse action

Re: Some of our 2022 grouse action

Got two with one shot last week..( 22rifle) lined up two heads and squeezed)

Two birds with one stone!

We were out on the weekend, same area as before. We only saw saw 3 birds. The one and only I had a chance on, I was trying out a different shotgun (that SXS Stoeger) and forgot to switch off the automatic safety. The grouse used that extra second wisely and skipped town. Well played birdie... well played.

I’ve never seen the like’s of it, I hunted for 61 years and this is and was the best ever for grouse!! In one week counted over yes that’s right over a 100

Quote Originally Posted by Stump View Post
    I’ve never seen the likes of it, I hunted for 61 years and this is and was the best ever for grouse!! In one week counted over yes that’s right over a 100

agreed, was in region 3 for the past three days, likely saw 80, could've whacked 25, took 5

like my gramma said, limit your catch, don't catch your limit

best news, went 5 for 5........none injured due to my shtty shooting

ruffies, spruce and sharptails

most i have ever seen in 45 years

Thinking next year might be even better. We had a late spring but by dry well before the chicks were out and mostly all through the summer. Wager survival rate was excellent. Thinking we'll enjoy another year of ample grouse

I wait till nov before I shoot any. They weigh an extra pound by then. And taste like rosehips!! I see many in my travels but others have been harvesting them. If I don't see more than 8 birds in my first Nov outing I don't shoot any. I then buy chicken.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

Was in region 5 for my moose draw earlier this month and like others, grouse were everywhere. In 5 days we easily saw over 200...yes easily. The one day we stopped at 9:00am at 47.. we also got a beauty 10*11 bull and a nice 2 pt buck. Let 2 other bucks walk as the truck was full. I really hope the grouse numbers continue for next year as I plan to take the kids and it would be a blast. Unfortunately the island numbers are not so great.

I was out in region 5 as well near bridge lake in early October. Took my two boys along and wrangled a few grouse along the way! Definitely could have limited out as the birds were everywhere, but opted to not be greedy and only took a few for dinner that night. Was a ton of fun and great getting the kids out there!