Thread: Some of our 2022 grouse action

Re: Some of our 2022 grouse action

Nice post thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    great post CG...our turn is tuesday..
    thanks for sharing.
    steven
    Great area there in your neck of the woods. Highest grouse numbers out of all the places I've been. I'd say good luck Steven but I don't think you'll need any of that. Looking forward to hearing out how make out.

great stuff caddisguy. I would definitely take a hinged shotgun over pump for grouse - so much quicker and quieter.

cheers,
    BR
    forever noob

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    Way to go Caddis ! I like the 4 to tank of fuel ! If we start to figure in the cost for our hunting adventures meat from the grocer is cheap . But it’s all about the outdoors !
    Arctic Lake
    U got that right. There is more to being out there than just hunting. Ec,1:8b “the eye is not satisfied with seeing, nor the ear filled with hearing.” It’s can be time with friends and family or alone time. You’ll never get full of the sights, the sounds, of happy kids, the stories you’re hunting partner tells you each year, campfires, fall colours, the crunch of leaves under foot ( unless you are trying to sneak up on something ).
    It’s nothing for lots of people to spend thousands on trips to Mexico or some other so called exotic place and think nothing of it. Then say that hunting is not profitable, or I’m burning gas for no good reason. Or I never come back from the store empty handed ( but they sure cry about the prices ). BC is a exotic world destination and it’s our backyard. You can’t measure what we have here buy the tank.
    The pictures remind me of times with dad, my son, maybe someday grandchildren and hunting partners gone but never forgotten. Thanks again Caddis.
    No one on their death bed ever said; I should have spent more time at work.

I just walk for grouse, but having two Weimaraners it’s kind of like cheating. I don’t shoot them off the ground. No need as the dogs put them up for me.

Dinner looks great CG.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Thanks for pics looks good.

Love grouse hunting.
    Times when I'd head out just for them with 22 but mostly the HR break action.

MeatEater has an episode where he focuses on big blues. It's a good show.
    (Season 5: episodes 13 and 14)
    Last edited by SSG-man; 10-08-2022 at 10:00 AM.

Caddisguy great job on the grouse.
    They are so much fun to hunt trying to be all guiet and sneaky.
    Maybe try some grouse fajitas mmm.
    Nothing is like climbing a mountain, and then feeling like you are at the top of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    U got that right. There is more to being out there than just hunting. Ec,1:8b “the eye is not satisfied with seeing, nor the ear filled with hearing.” It’s can be time with friends and family or alone time. You’ll never get full of the sights, the sounds, of happy kids, the stories you’re hunting partner tells you each year, campfires, fall colours, the crunch of leaves under foot ( unless you are trying to sneak up on something ).
    It’s nothing for lots of people to spend thousands on trips to Mexico or some other so called exotic place and think nothing of it. Then say that hunting is not profitable, or I’m burning gas for no good reason. Or I never come back from the store empty handed ( but they sure cry about the prices ). BC is a exotic world destination and it’s our backyard. You can’t measure what we have here buy the tank.
    The pictures remind me of times with dad, my son, maybe someday grandchildren and hunting partners gone but never forgotten. Thanks again Caddis.
    Well said right there. I'll take a vacation in the bush here in BC over pretty much any other travel. Went to Mexico once, but only because it was a work paid vacation thing.

Back out here now. Saw about 5 grouse today, all skittish and flew to the next time zone. Saw a really nice looking black bear too. Stumbled on some great mule deer turf, unfortunately there was a truck parked in the area so we turned around. Good exploration day and awesome seeing some critters even if no shots fired. Tomorrow is another day.

Cheers everyone. Thanks for all the comments. Might have some more to add to this thread after the long weekend.

PS naturegirl, funny enough we did make somw fajitas-like wraps with the leftovers

Excellent pictures. So did I miss it or what? 70Lt of fuel divided by the weight of four birds? But the memories are priceless. Right now is the best time of year. Thanks for posting.
    Last edited by 180grainer; 10-08-2022 at 09:10 PM.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

Looks tasty , glad to see you're harvesting the legs too.. half of the gizzard is also tender and tasty..