Thread: Considering a QCI trip

Post Considering a QCI trip

I'm working up in kitimat on a 14 on 7 off schedule. I'm considering doing a trip out to the QCI on my days off. Hoping to fly the old lady and one year old daughter out. I got my little 16' terry travel trailer up in kitimat and am thinking about hauling it up to Rupert to catch a ferry over. The most recent QCI thread (2021) on HBC had some bleak updates and the deer population was stated to be low. Any updated Info? Are the covid restriction lifted? Wondering if it's even worth bringing a gen. and freezer or just coolers. I got my salmon rod and a 6wt fly rod but no boat so I would be restricted to shore fishing.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Considering a QCI trip

Just a heads up, the ferry can be a little unreliable. Its not uncommon to be stuck over there a few days or a week longer then you want to be. Therefore I would bring the freezer and generator. The deer population might not be what is once was but there's still a lot over there.

Good luck

I’m given to understand that the ferry ride is quite spendy, especially for over length/over height.

I was just over there for 4 weeks for work. If you get away from the easy access areas, there are a ton of deer. If you can find your way into the alpine, they actually get pretty decent sized.
    Your asking in the wrong place. This is the tinfoil hat capital of the internet

Quote Originally Posted by CranePete View Post
    I’m given to understand that the ferry ride is quite spendy, especially for over length/over height.
    Being across there many times - the Most i ever did spend was a $1000.00 return with a CC long box truck and a 26 ft tag travel trailer ! RJ