Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boundary Country

Boundary Country

Heading up into the Boundary tomorrow after work for 5 days.
    Anybody having success in this area? Temps look like they will be pretty warm still.

Should have fun either way. Good luck to everyone and happy hunting!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Boundary Country

Very little moving in this area right now. I have does and fawns in my orchard, but almost zero sign of anything in the woods. It’s still hot hot hot here.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Quote Originally Posted by Redthies View Post
    Very little moving in this area right now. I have does and fawns in my orchard, but almost zero sign of anything in the woods. It’s still hot hot hot here.
    ya that’s what I was figuring. Just rolled into town and it’s a very comfortable temperature compared to this time last year if memory serves me right. At least the old lady won’t be moaning about the icy mornings the next couple days in the bush!

Quote Originally Posted by Forks View Post
    ya that’s what I was figuring. Just rolled into town and it’s a very comfortable temperature compared to this time last year if memory serves me right. At least the old lady won’t be moaning about the icy mornings the next couple days in the bush!
    What area are you in? I’ll say hi if I bump into you out there. I can see it now… me seeing other hunters and saying “Forks?”. They will surely be very confused. I’ll be the guy with two Weimaraners chasing birds.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Quote Originally Posted by Redthies View Post
    What area are you in? I’ll say hi if I bump into you out there. I can see it now… me seeing other hunters and saying “Forks?”. They will surely be very confused. I’ll be the guy with two Weimaraners chasing birds.
    In grand forks. Plan is to head up north fork. 08 ranger with a ubuilt trailer with tepui tent on top. If the girlfriend sees your dogs, she will be saying hi first as she sprints down the road to pet the dogs haha

Pretty darn warm with tons of hunters camped up all around,

Muleys still up high, get out and hike ridges for best success, get away from the quads on every roads

Whitetails in my backyard sorting out whats left of the garden

Bring your field radio as well loggers going full blast at the moment

Heard a large harvest in the Stewart Creek FSR area last year opened up a bunch of new territory

Good luck
    "Just ask anybody who packs a 338... the 30-06 will bounce off a grizzly!"

"I am not here to awaken sheep, I am here to awaken sleeping lions" Husky7mm

Thanks linksman! Unfortunately didn’t get up Stewart creek way. Trailer blew a leaf spring so limped back into town yesterday to deal with it.

nothing but grouse and bear droppings. Lots and lots of bear droppings. Surprisingly didn’t run into many hunters, maybe that means we were in the wrong area?! Oh well, fun was had overall and widened our little pocket that we know.oh ya, we did see one wt doe but she was gone and waiting for nobody. What do you guys do in this situation, is there hope that a wt darts into the forest and hunkers down? I was out of the truck pretty quick and didn’t hear a damn thing. It wasn’t the most inviting woods to walk down into but I guess I could have tried. We were only a couple clicks from camp so wasn’t really expecting to see a deer so soon on our way to check out an area.

Comfortably warm out there camping…ridiculously nice weather really…to boot, a family of 5 deer was hanging out in the backyard when we got back into town as well enjoying the shade.

Quote Originally Posted by Forks View Post
    Thanks linksman! Unfortunately didn’t get up Stewart creek way. Trailer blew a leaf spring so limped back into town yesterday to deal with it.

nothing but grouse and bear droppings. Lots and lots of bear droppings. Surprisingly didn’t run into many hunters, maybe that means we were in the wrong area?! Oh well, fun was had overall and widened our little pocket that we know.oh ya, we did see one wt doe but she was gone and waiting for nobody. What do you guys do in this situation, is there hope that a wt darts into the forest and hunkers down? I was out of the truck pretty quick and didn’t hear a damn thing. It wasn’t the most inviting woods to walk down into but I guess I could have tried. We were only a couple clicks from camp so wasn’t really expecting to see a deer so soon on our way to check out an area.

Comfortably warm out there camping…ridiculously nice weather really…to boot, a family of 5 deer was hanging out in the backyard when we got back into town as well enjoying the shade.
    In my experience if WT spook or blow they are usually going and gone.

My buddy got a cranker mulie in the grasslands. The deer are there. Just harder to find in the warm temps.
    Your asking in the wrong place. This is the tinfoil hat capital of the internet

Was out this weekend was at 1700 m sleeping under the stars watching the full moon nothing moving and no sign bushing brush getting to the ridges going to be tough hunting in the boundary this year