Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reminder: we share the backcountry with others

Re: Reminder: we share the backcountry with others

It's been reported, looks like I'll be spending hunting season around the house in case this nutcase decides to pay us a visit. Good times. Can't ****ing believe this is the result of going for a hike during hunting season. As hunters with guns we have a responsibility to behave at a higher standard. Our interactions with the general public and other backcountry users are important, and this garbage doesn't help the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Stillhunting View Post
    It's been reported, looks like I'll be spending hunting season around the house in case this nutcase decides to pay us a visit. Good times. Can't ****ing believe this is the result of going for a hike during hunting season. As hunters with guns we have a responsibility to behave at a higher standard. Our interactions with the general public and other backcountry users are important, and this garbage doesn't help the cause.
    I totally agree and that’s why you guys did the right thing reporting this. Thank you and your wife and I’m sure if you let us know where you are situated, you will have members coming out of the woodwork to help you if you need help. Thanks again.

Is this Hamilton lake near Merritt?

It is against the law to point a gun at someone, never mind firing a gun. Terrible situation for you guys, sorry to hear this happened. Idiots like this need to be dealt with. There have been a few guys disappear in the bush around Merritt. Not saying it's related but you never know.

Ya, let us know the outcome.
    That guy needs to go for an evaluation and for sure lose his firearm privileges.

Unacceptable.

hmmmm give your wife a BIG HUG..that event was not only dangerous but also criminal it must have greatly stressed her out...ensure she is O.K. the police will do their job.
    srupp

You have to get that mentality out of your head. This isn’t a “hunter with a gun”, this is a shitrat committing a crime with a firearm.

If you did, good on you for reporting the shitrat
    Get the officers name and record the file number for future reference, make sure they start a file
    and if the RC's do anything, there's no reason you are not still anonymous, they just have to know about the incident to add to the list
    Glad to say I have hunted Northern BC

Simon Fraser had pretty good judgement on what he found in BC

Trying to convince her too, but she's terrified about someone so unstable with guns having a reason to harm her. Small town, so everyone knows everyone. I want to go have a chat with him but she doesn't think that would end well, lol.
    Thats why it should be someone thats payed to chat with the crazies. LOL Call the cops.

My wife was scoped by a "hunter" and had a warning shot fired in her direction before being threatened that the next one was for her, this morning after attempting to go for a walk on a mountain bike trail above Hamilton Lake. If you're going to hunt a bike trail in a popular recreation area, chances are you're going to bump into hikers and bikers so maybe your first reaction shouldn't be to shoot at people and threaten to kill them. A couple years ago my father had a crazy hunter flip out and accuse him of using his blind, until he pointed out his boot prints were different. I think there are more than a few hunters out there who need to chill out. Not everyone is trying to interfere with your hunt. In fact, if you're a decent hunter people won't even know you're there. Hunting is supposed to be an enjoyable pastime, if you're getting this worked up out there, it's time to take a break and put the guns down for a while before someone gets hurt.
    Wow that is unreal man!

I would be irate, would want to hang him from a game pole nevermind a Deer.

Unfortunately with the current state of the Canadian Judicial System, she doesn't think it's wise to stick her neck out and be to be responsible for a clearly unhinged individual losing his hunting rights. It's tough to argue. Her life was threatened for simply attempting to walk on a well used trail. This guy doesn't need much motivation for violence, why become the target? Hopefully, when she has some time to calm down and think about it, she'll realize she needs to report it. Can't believe there's lunatics like this walking around the bush with guns. Scary stuff!
    Judicial system is definitely a backwards joke