Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reminder: we share the backcountry with others

Re: Reminder: we share the backcountry with others

Crazy not to call the cops on this one. Especially if you know who it was - seems like it was an actual face to face confrontation. Sounds like the idiot is stupid enough to admit that he did it to the RCMP if they confront him. Should put him in jail before he hurts somebody.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverOtter View Post
    Scoping someone, as ignorant and irresponsible as that is, is NOTHING compared to having an intentional shot fired in your direction.

I can't imagine not reporting an incident like that, especially if the person in question followed it up with a face to face threat.

Honestly, we should be reading a post about how the RCMP responded to your wife's encounter, not how 'hunters' should share the backcountry.

This.
    -----

If you are not reporting this, you are a part of the problem.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Unfortunately with the current state of the Canadian Judicial System, she doesn't think it's wise to stick her neck out and be to be responsible for a clearly unhinged individual losing his hunting rights. It's tough to argue. Her life was threatened for simply attempting to walk on a well used trail. This guy doesn't need much motivation for violence, why become the target? Hopefully, when she has some time to calm down and think about it, she'll realize she needs to report it. Can't believe there's lunatics like this walking around the bush with guns. Scary stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Stillhunting View Post
    Unfortunately with the current state of the Canadian Judicial System, she doesn't think it's wise to stick her neck out and be to be responsible for a clearly unhinged individual losing his hunting rights. It's tough to argue. Her life was threatened for simply attempting to walk on a well used trail. This guy doesn't need much motivation for violence, why become the target? Hopefully, when she has some time to calm down and think about it, she'll realize she needs to report it. Can't believe there's lunatics like this walking around the bush with guns. Scary stuff!
    I can’t believe this either! Holy crap that is not good for anyone in the near future be it a hunter, hiker, cyclist, berry picker. This needs to be addressed either by you or the RCMP. Sorry you can’t let this slide for the safety of anyone using the backcountry, that would be selfish. What area are you in so I can make sure I never hunt there.

My buddy in the interior had a steward of the land point a rifle at him and his buddy.
    They called the cops.
    Absolutely f**k all was done by the popo!
    Seems crazy as the seriousness of pointing a gun at someone.

Report now... period................

Period period.

Even with the rationale that you have given, I can't for the life of me understand how you could NOT report this. If he is willing to do that to your loved one, he wont hesitate to do the same to someone else or god forbid someone's kid. This is a no brainer...... do the right thing!
    There was a time I thought all parties that cared for wildlife and habitat conservation could find common ground. I was wrong. Adapt....

This is probably what I would do too when someone threatens my family with deadly force, runto the internet and post avout it! Either it's nothing more than a good story or you need to give your head a shake!

There is a 100% consensus among hunters that posted that this should be reported to the RCMP. If you posted this thread for support you got it and know what you should do. Maybe you should read all the comments to your wife.

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBob View Post
    Sure it was a hunter and not a dope grower protecting their operation? Guys with guns in the wilderness are not always hunters... something to think about. Dangerous actions by them none-the-less, crazy people getting crazier every day.

Be well.../B
    not many folks growing dope out in the woods anymore…