Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wolves and dogs

Re: Wolves and dogs

I have first hand knowledge of the fact that wolves will eat your dog. In northern Alberta I had a friend that lost several of his dogs to wolves eating them. I also had a golden retriever that was killed and eaten by wolves. He ran out in the night barking before we could get ahold of him. All we found the next day was a few pieces of skin and skull, larger bones. So not all wolf and dog interactions are under the pretext of "breeding".
    Everyone is entitled to voicing an opinion, as long as it is a learned one.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Didn't a pack chase a woman and her dog back to her truck trying to get the dog a few years ago; near Merritt?

I think it is more territorial than hunger/food source - kill every canine in the area;

Different than yotes going after lap dogs and such.

Quote Originally Posted by skibum View Post
    Didn't a pack chase a woman and her dog back to her truck trying to get the dog a few years ago; near Merritt?

I think it is more territorial than hunger/food source - kill every canine in the area;

Different than yotes going after lap dogs and such.
    Yup, coyotes killed all the fox in the lower mainland , sumas prairie , masqui flats used to have thousands .Any region that the wolf's move into the coyote population takes a big hit . Most of the cross breeding is probably due to human meddling .

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    Ok thanks for pointing that out, can’t believe how wrong I was and how right you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by dino View Post
    I don't know why he always attacks me so vicously.

The FN people in the Cassiar district shoot every wolf they can get their sights on.

Just saying.

Wolves kill wolves, so dogs are no big stretch. There’s a great documentary of wolf packs in the tundra. One pack found the den of the other pack while most of them were out hunting. They killed the cubs and the wolves guarding them. It’s pretty brutal to watch. Great documentary. White wolves of the arctic - on prime.
    Your asking in the wrong place. This is the tinfoil hat capital of the internet

Why was your dog loose the first time? Unless you’re dog has been around bears and wolves a lot, loose dog at night is trouble.
    No one on their death bed ever said; I should have spent more time at work.