Thread: Ran Into Sheep Hunters

Ran Into Sheep Hunters

Was up in northern BC for opening week of stone sheep. Had a great trip with lots of adversity. We did come home empty handed unfortunately. We ran into another pair of fellow sheep hunters and just wanted to see if they are on here. Your names started with a D and a W. Shoot me a PM if this was you.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Ran Into Sheep Hunters

Quote Originally Posted by deadlyshot22 View Post
    Was up in northern BC for opening week of stone sheep. Had a great trip with lots of adversity. We did come home empty handed unfortunately. We ran into another pair of fellow sheep hunters and just wanted to see if they are on here. Your names started with a D and a W. Shoot me a PM if this was you.
    Hi Deadly

what were the adversities you encountered on your hunt?

Hmm, were you driving a white pickup? J from L?

No pick up. It was a fly in hunt.

that's funny I meet two sheep hunters on a fly in up north, they landed on the lake we were staying at on day 4, I was there on a goat/sheep hunt. they came back empty handed after losing one of their tents. but the initials don't match mine or the people we ran into.

I eneded up getting a goat on that trip. It was a nice billy (8")
    Last edited by Evanguy; 08-23-2022 at 10:52 AM.

Been hunting the N for 45+ years, closest i have ever seen another hunter was 2 peaks away, and they were guided and skylined!
    perhaps think differently from the herd?

Quote Originally Posted by JAGRMEISTER View Post
    Been hunting the N for 45+ years, closest i have ever seen another hunter was 2 peaks away, and they were guided and skylined!
    "IN 45 years and the closest you ever came across hunters were 2 peaks away thats real impressive". Perhaps theses hunters are in the remotest areas and maybe the other hunters happened to be on the same ridge not sure why you think they should think differently than the herd. I also have hunted in some of the remotest areas and on occasion have seen other hunters, some hunts i dont see a soul for weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by JAGRMEISTER View Post
    Yukon - BC boarder ? RJ

Quote Originally Posted by stoneramhunter View Post
    "IN 45 years and the closest you ever came across hunters were 2 peaks away thats real impressive". Perhaps theses hunters are in the remotest areas and maybe the other hunters happened to be on the same ridge not sure why you think they should think differently than the herd. I also have hunted in some of the remotest areas and on occasion have seen other hunters, some hunts i dont see a soul for weeks.
    Another trip to an area of high density sheepfor 13 days, not a sign of any usage, last 2 weeks in Sept.
    Yes we saw legal rams and................ but then what the f4uck do i know!