Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hunting pants - layering systems?

Re: Hunting pants - layering systems?

Have had lots of warm days with frosty starts
    so far its been microtex pants with either a w/p fleece outer or two pair of microtex, the 38s with 42s overtop
    Once the frost stays or snow on the ground the longjohns and wool pants come out

interesting to hear solutions, for so long the layering idea has been easy for shirts/tops but its not so easy to peel off the underlayers of leg coverings and still carry the normal stuff

ps glad to see cabelas.com has brought back the microtex!
    Glad to say I have hunted Northern BC

Simon Fraser had pretty good judgement on what he found in BC

For early and mid season, I like Kuiu Attack pants with light to mid weight full side zip longjohns if needed. Merino next to the skin, and a fleece pair on top of that.
    For winter conditions I used to wear heavy wool pants, but the last few years I’ve discovered that I prefer a pant like the Attack pant or Guide pant with under layers. The two main reasons are this is a lighter weight more mobile option. And also I don’t have to deal with rock hard frozen wool pants anymore as they soak up moisture.

I have first light....corrugate? pants. If it's REALLY cold, I'll put on a thin set of long johns. If it's raining, sitka rain pants. Not the top of the line most gnarly ones, one level down so they still have a brushed face. They're full length zip too, so easy on/off.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.