Thread: Any moose down yet?

Any moose down yet?

Anybody have any luck yet?

Im working tonight and heading out when I get home in the morning. The wife and kids are coming for 2-3 nights and then I’m headed back out for another 3-4 nights, maybe solo, maybe not, we’ll see if my brother shows up.

Post some pics if you gottem.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Any moose down yet?

I’m working north of Prince George right now, been seeing lots of hunting units looking to be heading back south, seen some with racks and some empty! One truck I seen had four decent looking bulls
    Shoot em' Whack em' Stack em'

Should be picking up in the next few days. The few I’ve found I’ve heard first and it’s been because they’re raking in the dense timber

Things seem pretty hot. I saw some fresh tracks on the way into camp at dusk, walked off the road a few hundred yards and shot out one cow call. I didn’t hear it, but the wife had a bull grunt between us just after and she was on the main road.

Happy hunting boys and good luck!

Good Luck to you fellas with a LEH draw ! It should be mandatory that if you get one down you post up a story and pictures on HBC ! LOL
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

I went out for a weekend hunt and this guy presented himself within a couple hours of leaving the house. Better to be lucky than good. A bit north of BC mind you.

I was in the Revelstoke area for two days and saw lots of sign and a decent bull.

I saw lots of fresh sign down in valley bottoms as well as the bull and lots of sign up high in he cut blocks.

Is there any rhyme or reason as to why they are where they are? I obviously get that food is a factor, but it seems like they are able to thrive everywhere.

Is there a specific location or tactic that I should be prioritizing over others? Or do you find a decent vantage point with shooting lanes and sit and call all day?

Good luck to everyone!

Success ! Nice bull you got there !
    Arctic Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by MDR View Post
    I went out for a weekend hunt and this guy presented himself within a couple hours of leaving the house. Better to be lucky than good. A bit north of BC mind you.

Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Recent Nanaimo transplant to Williams Lake

Tons being posted on BC Facebook hunting pages
    "People who know the least always argue the most."

"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right, you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."