Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: How to Call Moose

Re: How to Call Moose

Quote Originally Posted by sthdslayer View Post
    Srupp going up north for our leh staring Oct 16 much luck calling the latter part of OCT
    Hi....the rut is like a marriage it seldom happens when you least expect...and the end is not sudden...its a combination of events
    If the cow is bred she is out of the mating game she no longer is love struck.but not all cows run into mister horny....if she is out of season and she has not caught a pregnancy she will go into a second estrus...I live in WILLIAMS LAKE I have successfully called bull moose in from sept 20...ish.... all the way through untill late oct 23..ish...I havnt tried earlier or later...different strategies...and I only apply for rut oct 1...14...and fly in hunts are sept 26-oct 15..max due to ice up potential

so short answer is yes...remember...to use buck expert synthetic moose urine and TAMPONS for scent dispersal units...

you are free to pm with a ph number and I will call you..
    cheers
    steven

Hmm couple points late season...the big bulls have been mating non stop and are getting weary in well doing..lol
    Now the younger bulls start singing..put me in coach I am ready to play...the big bulls may slowly disengage rest and start feeding and resting .
    Calling every 15 minutes by your watch....you wont get many opportunities for calling responses and it will be inexperienced younger.....EAGER bulls
    Less activity...make all opportunities count.
    Steven

This the right stuff

Myself and a buddy were calling (like a cow) one time in mu 7-31 and had a bull answering and and coming in when a cow spoiled are game, the bull was coming towards us when that cow started calling to the bull and he kept coming towards us, then she really start calling and you could hear her running towards the bull make all kinds of different noises. The bull stopped and started going towards the calling cow, I think they must of had prior relations so to speak. When they got together they both were calling and vocalizing and it didn't take long before nature got to work. The noises that both the bull and cow were making were some noises I'v never heard moose make, you could tell exactly when they got down to vinegar strokes. LOL Moose make all kinds of strange sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by sthdslayer View Post
    This the right stuff
    hmmmm yes that is the Buck expert I find works the best..

to ensure its not outdated its best to taste some yourself in the store..it should still be salty..HA HA HA...MY BAD...

cheers
    steven

Just had a moose walk out in front of me about an hour ago at about 150 yards and quarter away. I lost sight of him before I had a chance to shoot.

Its fairly windy, but it sounds like something is going on behind me on the left where he came from now. Sounded like a couple of good grunts followed by 2-3 heavy thuds.

Wife and I just got back from our moose hunt today, called in 2 bulls and we both got to cut our tags

Story and pictures please ! We need a lot more if that on HBC . Especially for us fellas that won’t be going moose hunting Arctic Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk-i View Post
    Wife and I just got back from our moose hunt today, called in 2 bulls and we both got to cut our tags
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Srupp, when you say call every 15 minutes, would this be one call or a few calls?

Does anyone have a good link to how to videos for moose calling?

3 bulls down in 7 days called all 3 in called 3 others in wouldnt come out