So I've driven the Anderson Lake power line road with a truck and cargo trailer as a "shortcut" to get to some hunting grounds on Carpenter Lake. And those hours of driving that road with light dusting of snow, took years off my life. I didn't know any better and should have done more research. So now...one hunting partner cancelled and some other hunters asked me to join them...in their Lake Revelstoke 4-38 moose hunting starting mid October.

Since, I've never been there, I'm doing some research and that area looks awfully similar to Anderson Lake. I see lots of mountains, big and steep mountains. The road goes along the lake. Looks like a big drop down, but it looks like it's all paved. I will likely have to go into Revelstoke for an internet connection to do some work at that time (busy mid October) every other day for a few hours and there may be snow mid October, and therefore the road could be closed/impassable, etc.

I know the answers for moose: Yes, there are some moose. No, the numbers are not like the good old days. They're trying to eliminate/reduce to save the caribou (I will never understand that logic).

My question is...would you hunt this area? Have you hunted this area? What are your thoughts? I'm thinking of going, and worse case, I can go into Revelstoke and spend a week there site seeing!

I noticed at the about 1 km south of the Downie Creek Rec Site, there seems to be about 20 houses with boat docks. Does anyone know what this is? I can't find any info on it.