Thread: Anderson FSR in 3-14

Threaded View

Re: Anderson FSR in 3-14

I remember years ago not so long after I got my first Nissan 4x4 in 1992, my Mrs. and me were on an elderberry picking trip up the canyon and on the way back from Lytton we saw the sign for the Anderson River Road.

"Hey let's see if there's anything up there." It was shortly before dark and we didn't see any elderberry bushes up there. Didn't have a real decent map either. No BC Recreational Atlas, this was before BC Backroads books, all we had was a big fold-out map from the forest service that they used to put out showing basic forest roads. This one was from the Chilliwack Forest District. It got dark but we kept going. Consulted the map and it seemed to show that we would emerge at the Coqihalla.

When we came to a major intersection we took what looked like the most travelled one. I seem to remember a kind of featureless plateau at kind of a summit. We were geting low on gas now so there was no point in turning back. It felt like we had travelling a couple hours too and I was starting to wonder if maybe we had made a big mistake and were going to run out of gas and be stranded God-knows-where.

By now I don't know where we were, Spius or Utzilius FSR. Anyway, we kept going and suddenly from the elevation we were at we could see the lights of traffic on Coquihalla way down below and zig-zagging downhill came out at Coldwater Road, I think it is, got onto the Coq. and by the time we got to Hope that Nissan 4-cylinder engine was running on fumes.
    Last edited by MichelD; 09-18-2022 at 04:51 PM.