Thread: AREA 5-15 Help

AREA 5-15 Help

Hi everyone. Been a member for a while- had kids, changed careers... and now I'm finally hunting again. I'm heading to quesnel lake (likely Elysia resort) from Oct 1-10 to fly fish. My father in law wants to hunt whitetail/mule deer if possible. It seems most of 5-2 is LEH so I began looking into 5-15. Via backroads maps it appears there is 4x4 access into this region unless I'm mistaken. Would be much appreciated if anyone could help point me in the right direction. My father in law likely doesn't have too many more good years of hunting left so I'd like to take him somewhere he can access.

Thank you in advance

Chris

2. Site Sponsor

Re: AREA 5-15 Help

hmm fish the creeks..rainbows....Quesnel lake is THE biggest spawning channel in the world.trout start cruising the creeks/lake junction..good place to check out..
    as far as hunting send me a ph number in a PM.. and I will try and help...Hen INGRAM lake is good for fly fishing in the fall..leech pattern
    cheers
    Steven

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    ...Hen INGRAM lake is good for fly fishing in the fall..
    and grizzly bears now

the washout to Hen INGRAM...now has a temporary bridge until culvert fixed..washout

steven

Quote Originally Posted by Tsenekos View Post
    Hi everyone. Been a member for a while- had kids, changed careers... and now I'm finally hunting again. I'm heading to quesnel lake (likely Elysia resort) from Oct 1-10 to fly fish. My father in law wants to hunt whitetail/mule deer if possible. It seems most of 5-2 is LEH so I began looking into 5-15. Via backroads maps it appears there is 4x4 access into this region unless I'm mistaken. Would be much appreciated if anyone could help point me in the right direction. My father in law likely doesn't have too many more good years of hunting left so I'd like to take him somewhere he can access.

Thank you in advance

Chris
    Sorry are you saying deer hunting 5-2 is leh in oct?

I think he must be confused, 5-2 is GOS for muleys and whitetail.