Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sockeye Dumping

Thumbs down Sockeye Dumping

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Sockeye Dumping

Maddening and shameful waste.

There has been a few notices on Craigslist like this, so that might have contributed to the drop in sales.

"For your information there has been and will be no commercial salmon fishing permitted for sockeye salmon in the Fraser River because the returning numbers are too low this year. Every salmon returning is needed on the spawning grounds.

If you buy suspiciously-caught sockeye from CL ads you are contributing to decimating this cycle of Fraser River sockeye."

Love how they said “ people “ selling fish instead of natives

It's such a disgusting practice that goes on year after year. I've seen it first hand for as long as I can remember. Our rivers becoming dumping grounds for spoiling salmon twice a year (once in the spring when freezers are being emptied out and once in the fall when fish that didn't sell gets tossed. It has always bothered me and as we watch our salmon stocks continue to decline it is even more saddening. I don't think it is an issue that will ever be addressed. There is just no political will to tackle it. There is only group that can condemn and stop this practice. I'm actually surprised that they don't tackle it as it is a pretty big black eye on the group and it conflicts with their fundamental view of themselves.

Saw Global called them poachers..............Big elephant in the room there as nobody wants to say where they really think they came from!!
    Pretty obvious the source.

God bless Zeeman for pushing the issue. He was fully aware he could not point to the obvious cause as he would never get another interview.
    I am surprised Global gave him the time of the day as they are purely a social liberal platform and far from news.

Real news would report here's the issue, here is who is responsible, here is the impact on the resource, here is the investigation as it stands.

Keepers of the land will never be reported as abusers.
    Hopefully things improve as we all care for our natural resources and conserving them.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Makes you ill doesn’t it ! It needs to STOP ! I would say if the general public knew about this and who was doing it there would be outrage . But… it is never brought forward to MSM who the culprits are .
    Arctic Lake
    Last edited by Arctic Lake; 09-12-2022 at 11:10 AM.
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    God bless Zeeman for pushing the issue. He was fully aware he could not point to the obvious cause as he would never get another interview.
    I am surprised Global gave him the time of the day as they are purely a social liberal platform and far from news.

Real news would report here's the issue, here is who is responsible, here is the impact on the resource, here is the investigation as it stands.

Keepers of the land will never be reported as abusers.
    Hopefully things improve as we all care for our natural resources and conserving them.
    I haven’t seen the segment yet.
    But Rod from the YouTube channel “Fish with Rod” did a segment on his site, was pretty straight forward with who the culprits were, and then a couple of days later had to backtrack his words as to whom and where the issue lies in this dumping.
    Sad world we are living in.

Also makes me wonder what reports will come back with those holding moose permits?

Simple solution....ban all gillnets in freshwater.
    Let FN be open year round using traditional methods or even "rod and reel" like a lot of the region 3 FN fisheries.