Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It’s on!

Re: It’s on!

Shot three limits the first three days of the season. My son was with me on two of those days and he got his limit, too. Lots of birds around.

He's NOT your buddy, buddy!

What region are you hunting MC? I’m limiting myself to two per day, but I’m hunting almost every day. My female got spayed today, so I’m down to one dog for the next 10 days, and he’s 11, so the birds will get a bit of a reprieve this week. I did make a possible season best shot yesterday on a ruffed that my female worked for about 5 mins in DEEP cover. We both played it near perfectly. It’s magic when both dog and gun are “on”!
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

The dog bumped a couple of birds today. He doesn’t quite know what’s going on yet. He gets on the scent and charges in the direction of the bird and doesn’t notice when they fly away, too concerned with the trail.

I had one treed just above us, but my brother was a ways away with the shotgun and we lost him by the time I went back and got mine. The dog definitely knows what he’s doing, but absolutely doesn’t know at the same time. It’s pretty funny to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Redthies View Post
    What region are you hunting MC? I’m limiting myself to two per day, but I’m hunting almost every day. My female got spayed today, so I’m down to one dog for the next 10 days, and he’s 11, so the birds will get a bit of a reprieve this week. I did make a possible season best shot yesterday on a ruffed that my female worked for about 5 mins in DEEP cover. We both played it near perfectly. It’s magic when both dog and gun are “on”!
    Region 8 all three days but on my next trip up I may venture into Region 3 which is about 45 minutes away from my cabin because there’s a few deer spots I want to check out for buck numbers.
    He's NOT your buddy, buddy!

He got his first bird… sort of. He didn’t find it, but he was still excited.