Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tire chains, who keeps them in their truck?

Re: Tire chains, who keeps them in their truck?

Quote Originally Posted by ActionJackson017 View Post
    Speaking of chains - question for you guys. I bought VBars according to the size chart and carry them in my truck but have yet to use them. I put them on my truck in the driveway and they seem a bit too big, like a few links should be cut off. How do you guys size them before you put them on your truck? I dont want extra chain swinging around and whipping the shit out of my truck.
    I bought mine at Weco as well based on their size chart as well. And just like you, when I tried them out in the driveway they were too big. Brought them back to trade to trade for a smaller size but instead the guy fitted them to my truck, cut the extra links, took a cross bar out and now they fit perfectly. He gave me back the extra crossbars and links in case they ever need to be reinstalled. Great service.

i usually do but this thread just reminded me i dont have any for my new truck haha, off to shopping for them i go..lol

If you're in Kamloops, PG, or Langley check out Morfco for chains. Chains are their specialty.

Quote Originally Posted by bcsteve View Post
    I bought mine at Weco as well based on their size chart as well. And just like you, when I tried them out in the driveway they were too big. Brought them back to trade to trade for a smaller size but instead the guy fitted them to my truck, cut the extra links, took a cross bar out and now they fit perfectly. He gave me back the extra crossbars and links in case they ever need to be reinstalled. Great service.
    When I bought mine at Wesco the guy put them on for me - showed me how to adjust them etc. Amazing service for a $200 product. I will buy my next set from them as well.

THe fella there suggested driving up on a block of 4x4 to put them on. Then you don't have to finaggle around with moving and adjusting. Pretty slick.

They're always in the truck, have saved me from a long walk out more than once.

I've had mine in the truck for 2 years now, still new in the bags. Was thinking to leave them at home for the next 2 weeks, as I they keep getting in the way. I know how that works tho, So I may just have to find a better place to put them in the truck.

Will be rolling the SXS, so not too worried, and only 15 km off the hwy. Even have a set for the SXS, just in case is gets nasty out, again unused so far. I know overkill, but the tires do not grip in the ice at all, and it can get ugly sometimes the places you try and go.

Wallz- you be a Happy Guy when the day comes and you NEED and use them ! RJ

Buy cam lock chains,so easy to tighten up. Also i would bring plastic zap straps to tie up loose ends.

Yea I have Cam Lock chains they tighten up Well !

Always carry them, be sure you pack lots of quick links if you're running different sized summer and winter tires.
    And also bunjee cords